Wild Deadline Watch

Icechipper

26 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Nyquist I don't get. Isn't he hurt?

Yes, but he's expected to return before the Playoffs. Supposed to be a fast, good PP-PK guy.

They gave up Boston's 5th rounder they got for retaining Orlov's salary.

Edited by IllaZilla

I kind of like these moves. 
Realistically cheap. Adds depth. Gives a replacement for Greenway and Reeves. 
Keeps the promising youth in Iowa for next year.

If Dewar and Shaw improve next year as much as Duhaime did this year, the team will have 2 good 3rd line options. 
Both Nyquist and Johanson should be able to help Boldy. 

4 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

I almost certainly think this means Greenway is gone

I hope so, if not it for sure should light a fire under his but if he wants to play. 
I just wish these moves would get rid of Reeves. 
IMO he is the biggest waste of a roster spot. 

23 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Which means Caps had no interest in Greenway. Assume Johannsson slides between Kappy and Zuccarello.

Wasn't the point of this to find somebody to help Boldy?
Hartman didn't do anything with him and I doubt Dean's going to move him off L1 since it's been better for Hartman.

If Greenway and Reaves continue to start and we lose some of the youth playing, I'll call this a parallel move then with a returning player.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Wasn't the point of this to find somebody to help Boldy?
Hartman didn't do anything with him and I doubt Dean's going to move him off L1 since it's been better for Hartman.

If Greenway and Reaves continue to start and we lose some of the youth playing, I'll call this a parallel move then with a returning player.

Sounded like line #2 was going to be Johansson-EEK-Boldy with Greenway sliding to the third line and Steel and Shaw being the scratches...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Sounded like line #2 was going to be Johansson-EEK-Boldy with Greenway sliding to the third line and Steel and Shaw being the scratches...

Sounds about right I suppose. Anything to spark Boldy.

42 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I can understand scratching Steel, and I know Greenway has more history/experience and a bigger contract.

But I don't see his game being so untouchable. 

Shaw has been so good on the PK and very good with the limited time he gets.

Greenway better start bringing his A game.

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I can understand scratching Steel, and I know Greenway has more history/experience and a bigger contract.

But I don't see his game being so untouchable. 

Shaw has been so good on the PK and very good with the limited time he gets.

Greenway better start bringing his A game.

I’m guessing Greenway will be moved this summer, so they want him playing to showcase him. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I’m guessing Greenway will be moved this summer, so they want him playing to showcase him. 

He played well for 2 or 3 games but I didn’t think he played that great for the last 2, so what are you showcasing?

Will he play better in the playoffs? I certainly hope so. 

On 3/1/2023 at 1:46 AM, Icechipper said:

We're one defenseman short of rolling out a Swedish juggernaut of Gustafson in net, Erickson-Ek pivoting Johannsson and Nyquist, and Brodin back on that blue line....🤔

You forgot to mentioned Wallstedt as a future backup goalie for Gustavsson. Not bad at all.  Swedish players always presented  more a defensive power for each team. Still wish to see also more talented offensively minded Minnesotans too in our team including Walker. I can't believe that in the Wild history we are not able to find and sign a highly scoring but native from Minnesota forward who could make crazy arena during the games here. That would be a huge treasure for the Minnesota State of Hockey.

• Like 1

I did not find in our local media how Wild was involved and have got a 5th round pick in 2023 for the transfer of Orlov from Washington to Boston. After reading Boston news from my understanding our prospect Andrei Svetlakov was involved to that transfer too through the Washington Capitals team.

Here is an article:

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2023/2/23/23612737/boston-bruins-trade-to-wild-a-pick-and-get-back-andrei-svetlakov-nhl-hockey-minnesota-khl-cska

Edited by Alexandron