Flyers 2023 Entry Level Draft - 7th overall (confirmed)

pilldoc

If unable to draft either Bedard or Fantilli, who would you like to see the Flyers Draft?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 2 players you would like to see the Flyers Draft if Bedard and Fantilli are unavailalbe?

• Leo Carlsson, C/W (Orebro, SHL)
    • Zach Benson, LW (Winnipeg, WHL)
    • Will Smith, C (USNTDP)
    • Andrew Cristall, LW (Kelowna, WHL)
    • Dalibor Dvorsky, C (AIK, Allsvenskan)
    • David Reinbacher, D (Kloten, NL)
    • Eduard Sale, RW (Brno, Czechia)
    • Nate Danielson, C (Brandon, WHL)
    • Brayden Yager, C (Moose Jaw, WHL)
    • Matvei Michkov, C (Sochi, KHL)
    • Other

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I really want no part of Reinbacher. This isn't the year to draft a defenseman. Next year though, is something else. As many as fifteen defensemen could go in the first, nine alone being right handed defensemen.

I just posted in the other thread that if you could pry Moritz Seider away from the Red Wings then you could forgo Reinbacher and go BPA.  Again just my humble opinion and 2 cents.

10 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I really want no part of Reinbacher.

What??

Why i like his game a lot. Why would you not want a D man with his tool kit??

This gives them a solid top 4 for sure in my eyes for the future. If he is sitting there at #7 it will be hard for Danny to not take a piece like this.

From everything i have read or found on the guy he is the top D man in the class...so yeah i need some strong evidence or argument why i shouldn't take him.

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What??

Why i like his game a lot. Why would you not want a D man with his tool kit??

This gives them a solid top 4 for sure in my eyes for the future. If he is sitting there at #7 it will be hard for Danny to not take a piece like this.

From everything i have read or found on the guy he is the top D man in the class...so yeah i need some strong evidence or argument why i shouldn't take him.

I'm never a fan of taking a late birth year player so high in the draft. Fact is, they have almost a full year of development ahead of others and they look better than others because of that. 

On top of it, Reinbacher is good defenseman, but he doesn't look great. His skating is good, not great. His defensive play is good, not great. His physicality is good, not great. His offensive game is good, not great. If you're selecting a player in the top 10, they have to have SOMETHING great about their game. Nothing about Reinbacher shouts great. 

I want a defenseman that has the capability of singlehandedly taking over a game. Reinbacher simply doesn't do it. Maybe he'll get there some day. But I'm not taking that chance at 7. If the Flyers had a track record of developing defensemen, I'd consider Reinbacher. They don't. The forward depth this year is much more plentiful and it's probably going to be much more likely they hit.

As I said in another post, wait until next year. There are a large number of defensemen that will be available. That's the time to draft a defenseman.

46 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I just posted in the other thread that if you could pry Moritz Seider away from the Red Wings then you could forgo Reinbacher and go BPA.  Again just my humble opinion and 2 cents.

No way does Detroit trade Seider, but if we make trades for more picks in this draft then maybe you can get a dman with a later pick.  With #7 we gotta get a skilled center. Although considering how bad our defense is they might pick Reinbacher with the #7. Or trade down and get him. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

And just remember. Provorov had all the tools and toolkit. Sanheim had all the tools and toolkit. York had all the tools and toolkit. Ristolainen.....well, he's just a tool.....lol

How many kid this draft especially defensemen which is the hardest to play and even project have been playing in a men's pro league at 18?

Even holding his own and putting up good stats while doing so??

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm never a fan of taking a late birth year player so high in the draft.

So who is your guy at 7 then if we are walking away from a 6-2 RHD with very good wheels and a knack for playing well around his end with room to grow in the future.

Top 4 lock no worse. Who is the guy that you want at 7?

I'm good with another first. I suspect that'll be what they get for Konecny or Laughton. Someone on another board said that if the Flyers can't get a top 10 pick for Konecny they should walk away. I whole heartedly disagree with that, especially if a blue chip prospect is attached with the first. For instance, the St Louis Blues have entered the Konecny fray and if they offer Scandella, the Toronto 1st and Zach Bolduc, the Flyers need to run with that. Get that pipeline flush with talent.

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Someone on another board said that if the Flyers can't get a top 10 pick for Konecny they should walk away.

Sure i need something else for TK. A prospect more likely.

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

For instance, the St Louis Blues have entered the Konecny fray and if they offer Scandella, the Toronto 1st and Zach Bolduc

I'm listening....go on Scandella back to make the money work i get it.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

:PopcornSmiley2:

Myself i would not pull the trigger on this can get a better return for TK.

Don't want Zadina at all but i like the 9th but that is all i like about this trade and to include 22 too nope i pass.

• Like 1

Don't want Zadina at all but i like the 9th but that is all i like about this trade and to include 22 too nope i pass.

Zadina might be Tippett 2.0 in that it's taking him some time to put it all together. Give Zadina a playmaking center (picture him on Couturier's left side) and he might just take off. I'm intrigued at the very least.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Konecny scored 31 goals in 60 games on one of the worst offensive teams with mediocre linemates. On a good team he can get 40. He's worth the #9 and another first rounder or top prospect.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Blame Schmuck, Hextall, Holden and Clarke for their refusal to do a proper rebuild. 

Seen a report awhile a go at the gym by Pagnotta may have miss spelled it that Toronto is in on Laughton (can't say how true any of it is) too so a bidding war is a good thing as long as you don't overplay your hand...

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Seen a report awhile a go at the gym by Pagnotta may have miss spelled it that Toronto is in on Laughton (can't say how true any of it is) too so a bidding war is a good thing as long as you don't overplay your hand...

...and that's what I'm worried about. Arizona tried that with Chychrun and we all saw how that turned out. If you get a good, fair deal, take it. The Flyers are rebuilding. The goal should be good draft picks and/or prospects. 

No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Laughton. No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Konecny. So, take a good package of assets and go from there.

• Like 1

Put me squarely in the Oliver Moore corner at #7. Why? 

1)Best skater by far in this draft.

2)Compete level = off the charts. This kid take NO shifts off...ever. 

3) Skill level...very nice already with tons of upside. Yes, he was 4th in scoring on a VERY talented team. IF he was on that top line, he would have similar stats to Leonard or Perreault. Smith WAS the straw that stirred the drink there...anyone playing with him is gonna get impressive stats!

Moore all day long at #7!!

28 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Laughton. No one is giving up a top 10 pick for Konecny.

https://www.flyersinsider.com/BREAKING-The-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-and-Philadelphia-Flyers-May-Be-Pulling-off-a-Trade-248296

It has been proved that the Flyers have already declined late 1st round draft picks in exchange for Laughton, so it seems as if the Leafs may be forking up one of their top prospects.

No way they get lucky enough and get Matthew Knies out of this would there??

That would be a hell of a knock it out the park draft.

The REAL danger is Michkov refuses to play here. He signs a 1 yr extension in the KHL and the Flyers lose his rights. Talent is there, of course but before you give up a top 7 pick, you gotta be 100% sure he comes.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

https://www.flyersinsider.com/BREAKING-The-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-and-Philadelphia-Flyers-May-Be-Pulling-off-a-Trade-248296

It has been proved that the Flyers have already declined late 1st round draft picks in exchange for Laughton, so it seems as if the Leafs may be forking up one of their top prospects.

No way they get lucky enough and get Matthew Knies out of this would there??

I can't see Knies being one of the players/prospects for Laughton. However, a combination of Nick Robertson/Fraser Minten/Topi Niemela would certainly work.