Game 77: Philadelphia Flyers at St. Louis Blues; 4/4/23 @ 8 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The O and B are underdogs (+114) but Cappertek predicts a 5-3 Flyers win based on prior 10-games.  

https://www.cappertek.com/article.asp?a=flyers-vs-blues-betting-odds-free-picks-and-predictions-4-4-2023-306679

Statistically, there isn't much difference between these team, save offense.  That said, this is GF for the season, not recently:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-stl/2023/04/04/2022021234

I might argue this is a matchup between a team on the way up (Flyers) versus a team whose Stanley Cup core is declining or gone.  I have fond memories of these teams duking it out as Western Conference expansion teams...Glenn Hall and Jacques Plant versus Bernie Parent and Doug Favell.  I am seeing tickets as low as 8 bucks....this matchup isn't stimulating much demand!!!

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

Why?

As if you guys haven't fcuked the tank up enough already just leave the kid in LV.

Especially with Braun still available. Guess they trying to get outside of the top 10 before year's end.

FLYERS

86 Joel Farabee - 48 Morgan Frost - 74 Owen Tippett
21 Scott Laughton - 49 Noah Cates - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 13 Kevin Hayes - 57 Wade Allison
44 Nicolas Deslauriers - xxxxxx -- 22 Brendan Lemieux

9 Ivan Provorov - 45 Cam York
6 Travis Sanheim - 47 Ronnie Attard
24 Nick Seeler - 77 Tony DeAngelo

32 Felix Sandström
33 Samuel Ersson

Available: 20 Kieffer Bellows (played on Sunday), 61 Justin Braun, 58 Tanner Laczynski.
Injured: 55 Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body), 79 Carter Hart (lower body).

My NHL Center Ice feed was on and off, but from what I saw, this was too little, too late for the Flyers.  Binnington came up with some good saves.  Hayes contributes nothing.   This loss wasn't the result of limited effort.  We don't have many scoring threats.  Tyler Pitlick bites us.  Funny.  He has 14 points.  JVR has 27.  Pitlick earns $750K....JVR, $7 million.  And I would rather have Pitlick kill a penalty.  They are both on expiring contracts.  

2 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Excellent game. They didn't hurt their draft choices at all. Well done! 

And at least Frosty is ending the year on a hot note and should be expected to start next season off hot...

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And at least Frosty is ending the year on a hot note and should be expected to start next season off hot...

Frost starts hot - that's just such a great sentence that makes absolutely no sense outside of the context and as such sums up the Flyers philosophy over the last decade so well. 

On 4/5/2023 at 3:50 AM, OccamsRazor said:

That was a very high skill/hand-eye coordination play.

Finding that rebound in that mess, on the backhand....that is why he's been hard to give up on.

Even though I was ready to ship him outta town in December.