Round 1, Game 5: Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Tuesday 4-25-23, 7:00pm, American Airlines Center

MNSOTA

We look like we don't have a clue how to get a goal.  They had better come out Friday with their best 3 periods, or I am afraid it will be the LAST game with the Wild for several players and staff (if BG has a fricken set of ballZ).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

He played great but it's not like Dallas was the way better team like we were in gm 4.
Imo...

Understand that but only giving up 2 on 54 shots is pretty damn impressive especially in his first ever playoff game on the road 

• Like 2

I would say the Wild were outplayed in all areas of the game. PP,PK, face offs, 5-5. 
PP is definitely on the coaching staff. It could be argued that the other 3 are as well. 
Pulling the goalie with 5 minutes to go is assinine, especially when they refuse to make any other changes to their plan of attack. 
As we said earlier, seen this before, same outcome. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I would say the Wild were outplayed in all areas of the game. PP,PK, face offs, 5-5. 
PP is definitely on the coaching staff. It could be argued that the other 3 are as well. 
Pulling the goalie with 5 minutes to go is assinine, especially when they refuse to make any other changes to their plan of attack. 
As we said earlier, seen this before, same outcome. 

Especially when every man advantage did 0 ...What was going to change there?? 😂

Exactly, but they never consider putting Nyquist with kap and Hartman or putting Boldy net front on the power play. Maybe put Hartman on the pp. 

Anything different would have been better than standing pat and pulling the goalie with 5 left. 
Time for BG to clean house on the coaching staff. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Exactly, but they never consider putting Nyquist with kap and Hartman or putting Boldy net front on the power play. Maybe put Hartman on the pp. 

Anything different would have been better than standing pat and pulling the goalie with 5 left. 
Time for BG to clean house on the coaching staff. 

Yeah, "Sticking to your game" isn't always the right plan when it's been shut down. Try something new along the way like mid way in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Yeah, "Sticking to your game" isn't always the right plan when it's been shut down. Try something new along the way like mid way in the 2nd. 

We were talking about that at the bar. You have to make adjustments especially when you’re down to the best out of three. Agree with @Tomdog on trying something different instead of the same **** that ain’t working 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I am listening now post game show. They are talking about the same thing. And also they said about Evason weak future who was not able to fix our poor PP and PK 2 playoffs seasons in a row. But I was not agree with them at all regarding Gustavsson. He is zero guilty with all our poor production and who kept us with minimal score all games. With Fleury in net we would have at least 7 goals on our net tonight after their multiple grade A shots. No doubt Dallas was better in any lines that game.

Gustavson was the only bright spot last night. 
No he didn’t stand on his head and make the miracle save, but he made the stops he should have and controlled the rebounds well. 
I think Fleury’s rebounds would have led to 6 goals. 

• Like 1

Foligno has accrued 35 penalty minutes so far in the Wild's series against Dallas:

- 5 minor penalties (10 min)

- 2 misconducts (20 mins)

- 1 five minute major (5 mins)

Tough series for one of the better defensive forwards...  

And with Dallas coming in with the most face-off wins and power play goals - it certainly doesn't help when players are scrambling being a man down constantly...

• Annoyed 1

On 4/26/2023 at 7:03 AM, Tomdog said:

Gustavson was the only bright spot last night. 
No he didn’t stand on his head and make the miracle save, but he made the stops he should have and controlled the rebounds well
I think Fleury’s rebounds would have led to 6 goals. 

That 3rd goal went straight out and it was a nice leg save but the problem wasn't being a rebound, It was we had no one around to help clear or at least disrupt the Dallas player who had and clean rebound to put away.
All goalies give rebounds and usually we've been good in supporting but not so much the last 2 games at all.

Wild will have to play GM 6 like they did GM 3 to have a chance.
This whole stick to their game is nice but the 'Grit First' that led to the most penalties in the NHL now against a solid PP team doesn't make sense.
Dallas has adapted their game since GM 3 and we haven't at all.
The game plan, Coaches etc can only do so much as the players need to step up and adapt as the game goes on.
Boldy showed his game when Kap went out. The minute he returned, Boldy has reverted to his old defer and stick to set plays when he could take the shot. But he goes with the set play.

Given how some of the hits lately around the PO's have resulted in suspensions, I wouldn't be surprised if Foligno gets a 1 game. That would crush our chances of getting to gm 7.

In a last 4 games we had plenty grade A chances but were not able to cash it. An average shots for both teams during those games were 24-27 shots per game. They were more lucky. Unfortunately, from my observation, Suter was able completely to destroy Kaprizov during these series who completely did not recover from the previous injury by Logan Stanley. Where was Suter before against other stars when he played for our team? I am glad Jets were eliminated from playoffs by the Vegas help, which punished Logan Stanley as well.