2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

On 3/10/2024 at 3:46 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

with how the team has cratered in the 2nd half, I can't believe that Laperriere isn't feeling any sort of heat.

Isn’t a big reason the goaltenders he’s got? I barely follow the Phantoms so I’m asking not arguing. It just struck me as I read your post that Lappy doesn’t have much in the way of goalie choices, particularly now that Sandstom is with the Flyers till the end of the season (I assume).

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Isn’t a big reason the goaltenders he’s got? I barely follow the Phantoms so I’m asking not arguing. It just struck me as I read your post that Lappy doesn’t have much in the way of goalie choices, particularly now that Sandstom is with the Flyers till the end of the season (I assume).

That and no star power.

All he has is Emil and Samu.

No real center depth there either.

Danny is going to have to get creative to find some centers.

Not sure how he does it.

But yeah goaltending hasn't been great either.

Kolosov's KHL team just got eliminated and he should be over soon to play more likely remember he is on loan.

20 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Not a whole lot besides the guys I mentioned...

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 1:56 PM, flyercanuck said:

That's a nice goal!

Let's hope they give the kid the chance to develop the right way.

Needs time to put more muscle on his 6-3 frame currently just 191.

• Like 1

Devin Kaplan might end up being one of those players that's a better pro than he was a college player. 

I love the Carter Sotheran pick more and more. Hopefully he gets an expanded offensive role next year in junior and then after that the Flyers don't do the typical Flyers thing and pigeon hole him into a role and not expand on his skill set.

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Devin Kaplan might end up being one of those players that's a better pro than he was a college player.

Is he planning on signing or headed back to school haven't heard anything on him?

With Denver Barkey i would love to see him back in London next season and flipped to LW.

He is a left hand shot and he could carve out a spot in the lineups with the Phantoms and Flyer with less talent standing in his way.

Flyers really are in need of more talent on the left side and are stocked to the gill on the right.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is he planning on signing or headed back to school haven't heard anything on him?

With Denver Barkey i would love to see him back in London next season and flipped to LW.

He is a left hand shot and he could carve out a spot in the lineups with the Phantoms and Flyer with less talent standing in his way.

Flyers really are in need of more talent on the left side and are stocked to the gill on the right.

I haven't heard anything about Kaplan, so I'm guessing he'll probably be back in school.

As for Barkey, he's played both left wing and center this year. Honestly, he's going to be one of those versatile forwards who can probably play all positions and not look out of place. My hope is that when he gets to Philadelphia, he plays where ever he's needed. 

I don't see a lot of left wingers available where the Flyers pick, so hopefully if they do draft one, it's Chernyshov from Russia. I'm also interested in Matvei Gridin from Muskegon of the USHL. He's going to Michigan in the fall, but there's some good size and goal scoring there. I get he's a right winger with a left shot, but it shouldn't be hard to transition him to the left wing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't see a lot of left wingers available where the Flyers pick

I would be nice if they would put Elliot Desnoyers back at LW seems to be an after thought with the experiment at center on the Phantoms.

Can't say for sure but just judging by the lack of mention of him at all by anyone tells me it may be a failure there.

I am holding out hope that Ciernik can rebound next season after struggling with injuries if he can he has some very good offensive skills and a very good shot.

Alex Bump is also another up and coming sniper and will maybe need another year or two of college hockey before making the jump but whatever is best for his development is what i want.

32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would be nice if they would put Elliot Desnoyers back at LW seems to be an after thought with the experiment at center on the Phantoms.

And yet another reason why Ian Laperriere should be **** canned...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 3/18/2024 at 1:06 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Take care of this kid Danny he may be just what this defense needs is a few years.

2nd of the night. Let him cook!!!

Some nice dexterity for a Dman that big...me likey.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Apparently Kolosov is on his way over...

https://hcdinamo.by/news/sobytiya/spasibo-za-sezony-aleksey/

It sadly just feels like it is too little too late. Phantoms 6 points outside the last playoff spot with 2 games in game but they can't score or stop the puck.

This Carter Hart fiasco has thrown a monkey wrench in both teams plan and this Cal Petersen and no other goalie help acquisition didn't help much in all of this.

Danny Jones dropped the ball in getting a proper backup for Ersson and this pisses me off because they already knew they couldn't count on Sandstrom.

Because well they haven't even played him the last couple years and he is 27 that is just bad planning in my mind and it will maybe cost the Phantoms and Flyers a chance at the playoffs.

And i would find solace in it all if they were getting a good draft pick but damn the fugged that up too!!!

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

It sadly just feels like it is too little too late. Phantoms 6 points outside the last playoff spot with 2 games in game but they can't score or stop the puck.

This Carter Hart fiasco has thrown a monkey wrench in both teams plan and this Cal Petersen and no other goalie help acquisition didn't help much in all of this.

Danny Jones dropped the ball in getting a proper backup for Ersson and this pisses me off because they already knew they couldn't count on Sandstrom.

Because well they haven't even played him the last couple years and he is 27 that is just bad planning in my mind and it will maybe cost the Phantoms and Flyers a chance at the playoffs.

And i would find solace in it all if they were getting a good draft pick but damn the fugged that up too!!!

image.jpeg.a03d5986782df00ecea74c09fbe2e8f8.jpeg

• Good Post 1

I like the idea of Kolosov coming over, even if he's getting acclimated to life in North America. That's a win. A HUGE win. Look, I get that everyone is excited about the Flyers being in the playoff hunt. It wasn't expected. And that's the thing - it wasn't expected. So, even if the club doesn't make the playoffs, at the very least, there's a lot to look forward to next year. Don't forget that there are still cap issues that need to be addressed and bodies that will need to be moved out. There's lots of work left to do in terms of the rebuild.

Continue working on the cap and getting that under control. Move on from players that don't fit into the Flyers timeline of contention. Continue working young players into the lineup. I'd love to see the defense even younger, but the Flyers are probably stuck with Ristolainen and we all know that Tortorella LOVES the try-hard-do-nothing Nick Seeler, so the defense might remain the same. But yeah, I'm keeping Kolosov away from the Flyers. Let him dominate the AHL. He'll be ready to compete for the big club in 2025. By then, there should be more salary cleared and more young players coming to the club.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 3:39 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Continue working young players into the lineup.

They need to go after college free agent Collin Graf

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201742/collin-graf

With their piss poor center depth do everything in your power to sign this kid show him the path to center should be the leat resistance in Philly.

Not saying he is a #1 by any means I am just thinking of add top talent for almost free Danny needs to chase hard after this kid.

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

They need to go after college free agent Collin Graf

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201742/collin-graf

With their piss poor center depth do everything in your power to sign this kid show him the path to center should be the leat resistance in Philly.

Not saying he is a #1 by any means I am just thinking of add top talent for almost free Danny needs to chase hard after this kid.

Agreed...Graf would be a nice get in a real area of need. Nothing but cash to lose...GO GET HIM!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Agreed...Graf would be a nice get in a real area of need. Nothing but cash to lose...GO GET HIM!!

They only have one contract left for this year and i wonder if they are waiting to sign Rizzo with it the problem with that is he is out and hurt anyways.