logan Mailloux signs with Canadiens, does he deserve a chance? (Poll)

yave1964

Does Mailloux deserve a chance to play in the NHL  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mailloux play in the NHL?

• Yes- young kid made a mistake has paid the price
    • no- it is a privilege to play in the NHL not a right
    • If he is talented enough to play in the NHL he deserves to be there no matter what

I am only briefly going to get into what got Mailloux into serious hot water and nearly banned from pro Hockey before he was even drafted, suffice to say he took photos of a girl while having consenting adult stuff, he was 17, she was 18. But then he shared these photos along with all of the womans information including name, address, email and phone number on snapchat and with all of his friends.  This occured in Sweden while playing for Canada in a World Juniors tourney before his draft year, the outrage was enormous, he asked not to be drafted but was anyway by Montreal late in the first round. He is attending rookie camp with Montreal as a solid blueline prospect, he will certainly play for Laval in the AHL and with the vanilla defense the parent club has has a better than fifty fifty shot at making the NHL at some point this year to get a taste of the big leagues. The league has cleared him to play, multiple Quebec womens groups are outraged and plan protests at any game he appears in. 

The question is, can he/should he be allowed to play?

An aside, i thought it was distasteful of the Canadiens to draft him after he asked to not be drafted his first eligible year, The league was shocked when he was picked, IMHO if Bettman had forced Montreal to forfeit the pick and have Mailloux go into the next draft he would have been well within his right. Several teams stated after that if he had been considered available, they would have taken him.

Okay, so should he be allowed to play in the greatest league in the world? He has excelled with London of the OHL scoring nearly a point a game from the blueline while also using his size to prove that he is a nasty piece of work, someone you don't want to mess with on the ice. He is indeed a very solid nearly top tier prospect.

I listed three potential answers, 

No what he did was so terrible he should not be given a chance.

Yes he has rehabilitated his self enough to deserve a shot at the nhl.

it doesn't matter what he did at 17, he is NHL caliber so he should play in the NHL.

So there it is, Does Logan Mailloux deserve a shot at playing in the NHL possible/likely at some point this season?

32 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I am only briefly going to get into what got Mailloux into serious hot water and nearly banned from pro Hockey before he was even drafted, suffice to say he took photos of a girl while having consenting adult stuff, he was 17, she was 18. But then he shared these photos along with all of the womans information including name, address, email and phone number on snapchat and with all of his friends.  This occured in Sweden while playing for Canada in a World Juniors tourney before his draft year, the outrage was enormous, he asked not to be drafted but was anyway by Montreal late in the first round. He is attending rookie camp with Montreal as a solid blueline prospect, he will certainly play for Laval in the AHL and with the vanilla defense the parent club has has a better than fifty fifty shot at making the NHL at some point this year to get a taste of the big leagues. The league has cleared him to play, multiple Quebec womens groups are outraged and plan protests at any game he appears in. 

The question is, can he/should he be allowed to play?

An aside, i thought it was distasteful of the Canadiens to draft him after he asked to not be drafted his first eligible year, The league was shocked when he was picked, IMHO if Bettman had forced Montreal to forfeit the pick and have Mailloux go into the next draft he would have been well within his right. Several teams stated after that if he had been considered available, they would have taken him.

Okay, so should he be allowed to play in the greatest league in the world? He has excelled with London of the OHL scoring nearly a point a game from the blueline while also using his size to prove that he is a nasty piece of work, someone you don't want to mess with on the ice. He is indeed a very solid nearly top tier prospect.

I listed three potential answers, 

No what he did was so terrible he should not be given a chance.

Yes he has rehabilitated his self enough to deserve a shot at the nhl.

it doesn't matter what he did at 17, he is NHL caliber so he should play in the NHL.

So there it is, Does Logan Mailloux deserve a shot at playing in the NHL possible/likely at some point this season?

Considering that grown men like.

.accessory to murder, Ray Lewis and countless wife beaters and criminals in the NFL who are given countless chances this dumb kid should be given a second chance. Jalen Carter  got drunk and not only drove but he was drag racing over 100mph and killed people but he was given absolutely no punishment, when you or me would be facing 10 years for vehicular manslaughter. In reality none of them deserve a chance but of countless sports criminals are given multiple chances, then this kid should get one too.

• Like 1

He did a trendemdously stupid thing at a young age, apologized a thousand times and even asked not to be drafted. At a certain point, what can he do more? Time to move on. Sucks that he's with the Habs organization and yeah, they did it wrong in selecting him at that moment but If he's good enough then maybe he will have a chance. If it doesn't work for him, I just hope that's because he's not sufficiently good and not because what he did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Math said:

He did a trendemdously stupid thing at a young age, apologized a thousand times and even asked not to be drafted. At a certain point, what can he do more? Time to move on. Sucks that he's with the Habs organization and yeah, they did it wrong in selecting him at that moment but If he's good enough then maybe he will have a chance. If it doesn't work for him, I just hope that's because he's not sufficiently good and not because what he did.

The problem is,  today's crumbling society is full of anti-social media crusaders who, have nothing better to do than chime in about everyone's life because they have none of their own. They are usually pink/blue haired losers with nose rings. Yet corporations cater to these losers and cancel people based on the opinions of total misfits .

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1

We all do stupid things when we're young. To varying degrees of course. But I think it pays to not be vindictive and keep it movin'. Let the kid play. How many of us are the same person at 17/18 versus 20 even? 25? 30? Just about nobody. It's not just not a big deal at this point, it doesn't even strike me as a deal to begin with.

Edit: I mean at THIS point it isn't a big deal. Sure it was stupid. Sure it wasn't nice, but I've got bigger fish to fry.

Edited by MoleMan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

The problem is,  today's crumbling society is full of anti-social media crusaders who, have nothing better to do than chime in about everyone's life because they have none of their own. They are usually pink/blue haired losers with nose rings. Yet corporations cater to these losers and cancel people based on the opinions of total misfits .

Mirror. Look.

Judgemental aren't we?

That high horse is a donkey.

Ron.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1