Wild vs Lightning, Thursday 01/04/24; 7:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Maybe I am wrong, but I am skeptical if we will be able to win this game. Tampa is too good , especially on PP. That means, we must to stay out of penalty box. My predicting score Tampa 4:2. Still I will be happy with at least 1 point from this game.

19 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Maybe I am wrong, but I am skeptical if we will be able to win this game. Tampa is too good , especially on PP. That means, we must to stay out of penalty box. My predicting score Tampa 4:2. Still I will be happy with at least 1 point from this game.

I don't think the Lighting are playing all that well. Yes they are a good team. It seems to be in a minor slump. I'm hoping for a Wild win. 

41 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Bolts are a team of extremes this season it seems.

They can be super deadly on the PP....then struggle to score at all at any given time.
They can be fast and dangerous on the transition...then bungle all sorts of chances to generate offense.

But their biggest issue this year after losing all the players they have over the last three or four seasons is chemistry between certain players, and their defense now lacks (with the trades of Ryan McDonagh/Zach Bogosian and Mikhail Sergachev/Erik Cernak on IR) any real 'boom' on defense and try to play finesse defense which doesn't always work.

So, if the Wild can pressure, make TB play in their own zone, they got a shot.
Lightning have traditionally, for whatever reason, have had trouble winning the last few seasons at the X.
And I bet it is because usually the Wild put out a stiff, blue collar style play against them. They need to do that again tonight.

I am not gonna lie though...the Lightning ARE my number one team and am hoping for a win from them here, so you may see me as an "enemy fan" for tonight.
But, because I also support the Wild, a win by Minnesota wouldn't taste as bad as, say, a loss to Nashville....or that freakin loss to Winnipeg the other night....

At any rate, we will see who dictates the style of play:
Fast, transitional, end to end, lots of puck movement, and special teams driven? Tampa Bay.
Super grinding, smothering the goalie, hard hitting, relentless and mostly 5 on 5? Minnesota.

Let's go boys!

• Like 1

Well TFG I think you will enjoy this game.  I just don’t see how the Wild win short of Tampa overlooking them. 
Just looking at the lineup and the stats should show you that. 
Not really the Wild’s fault, nobody has control over injuries. 

• Like 1

Oh my....

EEK doing what he is supposed to: crash the net, crowd Vasilevskiy, but the SC winning goalie says NO!
And the Bolts are quick to close in on Wild players around the net.

But THAT is what the Wild need to do more as the Bolts aren't particularly comfortable with guys crowding their goalie....not with Mack trucks Cernak and Sergachev out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Merril either take the body or do something other than skate along letting him walk right along. 

Not sure who had to sit to draw Merrill back in the lineup, but I think Merrill should have stood 'sat'!
He is exactly the type of pylon the Lightning love skating around...

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not sure who had to sit to draw Merrill back in the lineup, but I think Merrill should have stood 'sat'!

Besides the obvious Spurgeon out, Who can we put in unless we put some of the injured on the 10 day IR so they can call up more??
Not sure how all the works.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I think they had their choice between Merril and Hunt. 
Hunt just up from Iowa with no practice time. 
I still think they chose wrong. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Jake Middleton with is big mustache looks like he should be in some Western movie or something... 

He's a pretty good looking man, BTW...never realized that before. 😄

Imagine him with full set of teeth with that smile.😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Besides the obvious Spurgeon out, Who can we put in unless we put some of the injured on the 10 day IR so they can call up more??
Not sure how all the works.

Well, yea, I suppose Merril had to go in almost by default.
Although maybe I would have gone with Hunt as @Tomdog pointed out.

• Like 1