Kuznetsov enters players assistance

yave1964

Kuznetsov has left the capitals and entered players assistance to get help with a Problem. Wishing him well.

Caps lost backstrom. Now Kuznetsov. Strome is the 1c. Ugh. 

Caps season started well and now the slip towards mediocrity just took another hit.

• Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Kuznetsov has left the capitals and entered players assistance to get help with a Problem.

WaPo says he tested positive for cocaine in 2019 representing Russia in the World Championships.  (Possible of course since Washington hasn’t won a playoff series since the 2018 Cup.)

And, this was originally named the “substance abuse and behavioral assistance program”.

So I doubt the Problem is consuming too much Diet Coke.

• Haha 2

Say what you might about Evgeny Kuznetsov, and most of it these days is not pretty from fans commenting on WaPo game articles, who want his now-underachieving arse and ridiculous salary out the door…

…but he is nevertheless beloved for providing the most dramatic and cathartic moment in Washington Capitals history in the 2018 Cup run:

- sure, the Cup was won against Vegas, but with relative ease in 5

- and sure, they were an inch from confirming their Choking Dog natures in round 1 vs Columbus, before Carl Eller’s double OT road winner prevented going down 3-0 

- and yes, in round 3 the fans could hear those dreaded Dog Sounds against Tampa Bay, after losing 3 straight before winning the last two to win in seven

- IT WAS ROUND TWO - - - finally beating the Penguins, the two-time defending champs, in OT, even if it was “just” a game 6.  IN Pittsburgh.  Crushing those demons…listen to my favorite sports call of all time, courtesy of Caps radio play-by-play man John Walton.  Tears well up for me whenever I watch this every couple years or so.

Good afternoon; good evening; and good night !!

• Like 3

Definitely he entered into the Capitals history as well NHL history. His specific talent is his player's talent provided an art in professional hockey. And his movement of his arms like a bird after each his goal was unique too. Such a sad news regarding of his enter to the players assistance program. So talented player was affected by the "problems" which he was not able to control. Unfortunately, brain is suffering from those "problems" a lot.

16 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Such a sad news regarding of his enter to the players assistance program.

The fans may be down on Kuzy and his performance this season.  But several commenters on the WaPo article thought he was brave to admit he had a problem and to take advantage of the league’s program.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

The fans may be down on Kuzy and his performance this season.  But several commenters on the WaPo article thought he was brave to admit he had a problem and to take advantage of the league’s program.

I don't think "the fans" are down about only "this year" and there is ample evidence that his problems aren't just "this year."

I'm glad he's getting the help he needs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, radoran said:

I don't think "the fans" are down about only "this year"

After scoring 83 pts in the regular season of their Cup victory, he degraded to 72, 52, and 29 points the next three.  (But the 29 was the 41-game Covid Seadon so project that as 58 pts.) He improved in 21-22 for 78 pts, then degraded last year to 55.

But this year is especially bad with 17 pts in 47 games.  (That projects to a meager 30 pt season if he played all 82.)

It is extra bad now in 23-24, for sure, nothing quite compares to these low totals.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

After scoring 83 pts in the regular season of their Cup victory, he degraded to 72, 52, and 29 points the next three.  (But the 29 was the 41-game Covid Seadon so project that as 58 pts.) He improved in 21-22 for 78 pts, then degraded last year to 55.

But this year is especially bad with 17 pts in 47 games.  (That projects to a meager 30 pt season if he played all 82.)

It is extra bad now in 23-24, for sure, nothing quite compares to these low totals.

Right, but he's not really been the same since the 83 and it very well might have something to do with what he's dealing with now...

🤔