GrossmanN must be resigned before free agency begins...

Guest OccamsRazor

So, I guess not much different than Nunavut presently? I looked up Nunavut and looks like the entire population is around 31K. And it looked soooo far away and, dare I say, deserted (at least from Google Earth)

Well last night this GrossmanN played close to, if not the best game yet for us.

Maybe i'm forgetting one...anyways we MUST RESIGN him now, before he himself drives up his price...i have to try REALLY,REALLY hard to find something wrong with his game that i don't like.

Besides Kimmo and Braydon's acquisition...Nick's been Homer's best Dman he's landed either signed or traded for.

I imagine he's only going to get better.

He is everything this team needs. :D

@Illflyaway Kind of a running joke in Canada, it's called Nunavut because the tax payers want Nun-of-vut....of the 31K living there, prob 90% on social assistance of some type. I reallize it's not a booming economy or anything close up there, but damn, move to where the jobs are after a while...at least my take.

Edit, I also realize the Federal Govt is willing to take the Welfare hits to secure strongholds in the North...a good policy in my books. If you don't secure strong holds (esp areas like the Queen Elizabeth Islands etc) then other countries will try and move in and question your right to those places. Russia for one is constantly trying to push the envelope on the Northern passageways, trying to bully their way in. Places like Nunavut make nice command posts and give easier access to the far north.

Edited by jammer2

...this is my belief since we have a history of resigning players before they are allowed to test the market and let other teams drive up the price on them.

I have nothing negative to say about his play so far, and that says a lot. :wub:

For a big man he moves real well laterally, skates well although he may not be the fastest on the ice. He is the crease clearing brute this Dcorp needs.

From a positional standpoint he may only be bested by Kimmo. Blocks shot, and actually moves the puck well which you rarely see (or hear) from a stay at home Dman.

Outstanding game all around and looking at what they gave up to get him, i think Homer and company did an outstanding job (doing their homework), seems they learned from the Parent/ Kreijc(sp) pairing debacle from the Cup run.

Can never have too many experienced Dmen.

He is coming off a contract that paid him a mere 1.6mill (very affordable). So resigning him can help guard against losing Carle.

Now is noway am i saying he is like Carle but he would help ease the loss. Honestly with more experience(playing time) i believe Bourdon can spell Carle, similar game styles with Bourdon a more physical version of him.

So with that said Homer needs to hammer out like a 3-4 year deal and keep him in the fold. Of course before you ask with the NMC/NTC that is the signature Homer hands tied move! :rolleyes:

What say you. :D

Go Flyers!!!!!!

He only has one flaw I've seen, and that's his overall speed (foot speed, skating speed, even stickhandling speed). You can see he is just a step behind the pace of others on the ice but he plays so well positionally that it often makes up for it. He got beat on that breakaway last game, but that's gonna happen to every D-man here and there.

Overall, a solid acquisition by Homer (again) and a perfect mid-roster D-man.

Looking into next year, the Flyers might have:

Kubina

Grossman

Coburn

Meszaros

Timonen

Gustoffson

Not counting Pronger, of course. If he returns it's like getting a big free agent signing.