Wild vs Penguins; Friday 02/09/24; 7 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, this was one of those games where THANK GOODNESS for MAF's unorthodox play style.
Your typical 'by the book' goalie probably doesn't make the crazy saves Fleury did late in the game!

That just added to the drama. Wouldn't have it any other way for Fleury and the family on his night. 

• Like 3

I'm very disappointed in this Pens team there is no excuse to  losing to Marc Ande Fleury. Should have been a easy win. This proves my point that this team does not want to make the playoffs. LeTang was correct in saying that this Pens team isn't committed to winning. This was out right disguising. 

4 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I'm very disappointed in this Pens team there is no excuse to  losing to Marc Ande Fleury. Should have been an easy win. This proves my point that this team does not want to make the playoffs. LeTang was correct in saying that this Pens team isn't committed to winning. This was out right disguising. 

Easy win? Nothing comes easy in the league 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2024 at 11:25 PM, ClusterChuck said:

One of the comments late in the 3rd on NHL66 side bar...
"All we are saying...Is give Pens a chance" 😁
The refs tried hard.

The Pens don't give a flying f....k.

On 2/9/2024 at 11:21 PM, ClusterChuck said:

Exactly...We should have beaten Chicago easily with that mentality. But they didn't tank. Hawks came to play.

Pens should have paddle them opening night. When the team doesn't care why should try to win? 

44 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Special night for Fleury and for the Wild fans. Superb extremely difficult win against a very tough tem:

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/minnesota-wild/news/inside-marc-andre-fleurys-special-night

Pens aren't as tough as you say! Maybe if they gave a hoot. Unfortunately for the Pens they don't care. 

On 2/9/2024 at 10:07 PM, Jimtown guy said:

IMG_4251.jpeg

As much as I enjoy the victory pics I think we need to stop them for the rest of the season. 
With no pics they lost. At this stage of the season they may as well continue losing and play for the draft picks. 
I enjoyed the win for Flowers special day, but now it’s time to play well and still lose.