Ryan Carpenter -- Givani Smith

Marc-Edouard Vlasic -- Mario Ferraro

Henry Thrun -- Jan Rutta

Nikita Okhotiuk -- Kyle Burroughs

Calen Addison

Kaapo Kahkonen

Magnus Chrona

Scratched: Kevin Labanc

Injured: Alexander Barabanov (lower body), Matt Benning (hip), Mackenzie Blackwood (lower body), Logan Couture (groin), Ty Emberson (laceration), Tomas Hertl (lower body), (upper body)

Wild projected lineup

Kirill Kaprizov -- Joel Eriksson Ek -- Matt Boldy

Marcus Johansson -- Marco Rossi -- Mats Zuccarello

Brandon Duhaime -- Connor Dewar -- Ryan Hartman

Mason Shaw -- Jake Lucchini -- Vinni Lettieri

Jacob Middleton -- Brock Faber

Jonas Brodin -- Declan Chisholm

Jon Merrill -- Zach Bogosian

Filip Gustavsson

Marc-Andre Fleury

Scratched: Alex Goligoski, Dakota Mermis

Injured: Marcus Foligno (lower body), Pat Maroon (back), Jared Spurgeon (hip), Frederick Gaudreau (upper body)

Status report

Neither team held a morning skate with each playing the second of a back-to-back; San Jose lost 3-2 in a shootout at the Dallas Stars, and Minnesota lost 3-1 at the St. Louis Blues on Saturday. … It would be Kahkonen’s first start against the Wild, who drafted him in the fourth round (No. 109) of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. … Johansson is a game-time decision after leaving after the first period with an undisclosed injury Saturday.

• Like 1

At least this game will give us a chance to watch some former Wild players. 

As far as playoff potential,  I think that boat has sailed.

May as well play well and lose.

Absolute equal ice time,  draw a penalty start the power play, take a penalty your line has to kill it.

Playoffs are definitely looking like an unassailable goal at this point, but this game, with about 20 to go, can be used at the measuring point.
After what transpired over the last three games or so, if the Wild lose THIS one, to what may be one of the worst teams in the NHL, then Bill Guerin should really start listening real hard on trade offers.

Even with a win, the Wild will find it difficult to make the post season, highlighted by getting their face handed to them by the team they need to catch, but without a win against the Sharks, well, no amount of 'fixing or tweaking' will help this particular squad.

Minnesota has some players that post season and Cup contenders would love to have on their much deeper squads....Wild lose here, Guerin should do some dealing.

Personally...I don't like to watch 'losing'.
I want to see the team win. As much as possible.
Just saying...if they can't against SJ, then I won't blame anyone for breaking up this 'vaunted' group....

• Like 1

I don’t like watching losing either, but if playing some guys more to find out if you really want them in your future makes you lose and improves your chance at moving up in the draft, I can tolerate it. 

How much would a top 6 draft pick help this team 2 years from now?

I may be able to catch the last 1/2 of the 3rd tonight.
Hopefully we can score more that 1-2 goals.

This season and next was about seeing the youth/future so let's see more if possible and equal playing time.
Roll 4 lines win or lose.

Just got back from our state bantam A tourney where we were consolation champs. Lost a heartbreaker to open the tourney 5-4  in overtime after we had a 3 goal lead. Must of pissed the boys off as we won 8-2 yesterday and 6-0 today 

This Wild team is pretty much out of the playoffs especially if they can’t beat the Sharks at home 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

Too bad on your 1st game. Last night I think was the last straw for playoffs. 

We had a 3 goal lead with 3 minutes left. Got 2 penalties and they pulled their goalie and boom it’s tied 😳

• Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Playoffs are definitely looking like an unassailable goal at this point, but this game, with about 20 to go, can be used at the measuring point.
After what transpired over the last three games or so, if the Wild lose THIS one, to what may be one of the worst teams in the NHL, then Bill Guerin should really start listening real hard on trade offers.

Even with a win, the Wild will find it difficult to make the post season, highlighted by getting their face handed to them by the team they need to catch, but without a win against the Sharks, well, no amount of 'fixing or tweaking' will help this particular squad.

Minnesota has some players that post season and Cup contenders would love to have on their much deeper squads....Wild lose here, Guerin should do some dealing.

Personally...I don't like to watch 'losing'.
I want to see the team win. As much as possible.
Just saying...if they can't against SJ, then I won't blame anyone for breaking up this 'vaunted' group....

• Haha 1

I just think they rely on it too much, too predictable. 

With the man advantage and everyone clogging up the blue line they could dump into a corner and Out man the defense.

If Guerin trades anyone I would hope it would be someone they don't see as being in the plans for next year anyway. 

Merrill has been shown to be replaceable. Duhaime can be replaced. Do they have a replacement for Dewar?

Can they re-sign Bogosian? Can they trade an injured Marroon to team on his trade list?

Other than that who can they trade?

• Uggh... 1