Wild vs Golden Knights; Saturday 03/30/24; 2:30 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Hilarious,  commenting about Vegas possibly getting Hertl and Stone back for playoffs.

Of course they'll be back, as soon as the cap disappears.

• Uggh... 1

They needed 2 points, but it didn't work. 

They played well. Vegas got a lot of help from the refs, with all the noncalls.

Gus played really well. 

That's the end of the playoffs hopes.

• Like 2

LA will probably gain 12 more points in 10 games, I don’t think the lower points will make the difference. 

We'll see at the end if they miss by 1 point.

9 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

We had better possesion in the OT and had every chance to score. Even 1 pt still let's us chase LA, Not VGK

Exactly. I’m in my seat yelling nooooooo

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

We had better possesion in the OT and had every chance to score. Even 1 pt still let's us chase LA, Not VGK

I agree. I think , the team made a great effort to make a 2 points game, but had got only 1 point. Can't believe we still have a chance to chase. Let's go Wild till the end of the season even if we will not get the wild card.

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 5:16 PM, ClusterChuck said:

We had better possession in the OT and had every chance to score. Even 1 pt still let's us chase LA, Not VGK

Sadly, but we didn't gain a point, because we pulled the goalie in OT. But it was a nice risky try, which, unfortunately, failed at that time. 

Edited by Alexandron

54 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Sadly, but we didn't gain a point, because we pulled the goalie in OT. But it was a nice risky try, which, unfortunately, failed at that time. 

Since I have never seen a goalie pulled in OT since last time MN did it - you're saying that forfeits the 1 point...?

Also, hate when a game is on Hulu or ESPN+, not sure what determines which games they do on those platforms - but if they want to build the base - makes it hard to keep track where games are at, if you can see them, etc...  Like TNT - where you can catch 5 hours of Rocky movies right before a hockey game...  If the NHL wants to make it as complicated - they're doing it. I've had the NHL package on Directv for 17 years - you should have access to all games...

50 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

Since I have never seen a goalie pulled in OT since last time MN did it - you're saying that forfeits the 1 point...?

Also, hate when a game is on Hulu or ESPN+, not sure what determines which games they do on those platforms - but if they want to build the base - makes it hard to keep track where games are at, if you can see them, etc...  Like TNT - where you can catch 5 hours of Rocky movies right before a hockey game...  If the NHL wants to make it as complicated - they're doing it. I've had the NHL package on Directv for 17 years - you should have access to all games...

Yes, that is right - forfeits the 1 point. That was a second time when we pulled goalie in OT. The 1st one did work well when we played against Nashville on March 10th. We won in OT with a score 4:3.

Yes, and after we pulled that off a few weeks ago against Nashville most people became aware of that rule.  But it also begs the question why the Wild didn't pull the goaltender during regulation rather than OT with an effort to block Vegas from earning even a point in the standings which might be just as important as earning 2 points.  

Seems a bit silly to do Vegas a favor by conceding (at the very least) a loser point to the Golden Knights when you were risking 2 or no points in OT.  Oh well, it dropped our odds of making it down to 2%.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

But it also begs the question why the Wild didn't pull the goaltender during regulation rather than OT with an effort to block Vegas from earning even a point in the standings which might be just as important as earning 2 points.

That would have been a good after game presser question...  I don't recall the end of the game and which way the ice was slanted...  If it were mostly in the Vegas end - then that question should have been asked...

Edited by Confrontational