Wild vs Kraken; Thursday 04/18/24; 06:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

2 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

That was going in 

Entire season we were talking about this. Not capable to score enough goals. For this goalies we needed to place at least 4-5 goals per game like Tampa did entire season. Especially was minimal production from 3rd and 4th line. Why did they put to play Gaudreau and Johansson tonight? And for PP too. Do they merit this? Definitely something should be done with those players. They should put or Walker; or Milne and or Firstov for this last game. Why for other prospects they always find money and not for those prospects? So many employees from my work came to arena to see such a disappointing game. I feel very very sorry for them.  Ridiculous/ absurd with all that organization.

6 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Entire season we were talking about this. Not capable to score enough goals. For this goalies we needed to place at least 4-5 goals per game like Tampa did entire season. Especially was minimal production from 3rd and 4th line. Why did they put to play Gaudreau and Johansson tonight? And for PP too. Do they merit this? Definitely something should be done with those players. They should put or Walker; or Milne and or Firstov for this last game. Why for other prospects they always find money and not for those prospects? So many employees from my work came to arena to see such a disappointing game. I feel very very sorry for them.  Ridiculous/ absurd with all that organization.

I don't know what the rules are for bringing players back and forth so much. Kicks off a season or something?
Either way, It was odd to have those 2 with PP time and Gogs playing so much down the stretch.. Last hurrahs maybe? :P
It was obviously a disappointing season but it was to be expected.
Lots of change needed next year to start building something real...If possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I don't know what the rules are for bringing players back and forth so much. Kicks off a season or something?
Either way, It was odd to have those 2 with PP time and Gogs playing so much down the stretch.. Last hurrahs maybe? :P
It was obviously a disappointing season but it was to be expected.
Lots of change needed next year to start building something real...If possible. 

Everything is possible in a smart organization. Actually Gogs played with Guerin together. It seems they are  like brothers.

Anyway. Thank you ClusterChuck of being here as one of the most active fan at this WILD forum!!! And thank you for everyone who found the time to be involved in discussions regarding our WILD team's play for this 2023-2024 season!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is interesting that the Wild's continued mediocrity can keep a person sane.  Honestly, one would think the Wild would be detrimental to mental health.  

It has been fun chiming in at the end and feel free to meet up at the draft party at Reid's on June 28th.  

• Like 2

Not sure how Darby still has a job after all these years - so many things need to change...  Makes you also wonder if Parise/Suter were really the cancer they told us about...  Frustrating to watch...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

1 hour ago, Confrontational said:

Not sure how Darby still has a job after all these years - so many things need to change...  Makes you also wonder if Parise/Suter were really the cancer they told us about...  Frustrating to watch...

Oh, they certainly were the cancers people told us they were.  I know that for a fact.  As far as Darby goes, his role has mostly been as the guy running the practice coach.  That's why he's kind of stayed on throughout different regimes.  

26 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Oh, they certainly were the cancers people told us they were.  I know that for a fact.  As far as Darby goes, his role has mostly been as the guy running the practice coach.  That's why he's kind of stayed on throughout different regimes.  

Regarding Darby - I think I was referring more to just the optics of it - him standing behind the bench, etc...  And although currently his job duties may be what you say - he was very instrumental in the past...  I recall him talking about the powerplay and penalty kill units - which were horrible year after year...  I'm not saying he's their focal point for change - but when someone like me, who was a fan forever, leave because he was tired of no change year after year - finally tunes back in and sees him - just makes you wonder how he could still be there - and if they really do want to improve...

There's a lot more to it than that - a lot more...  You've talked about it on your podcast many times...  But there's something engrained in the Wild culture that needs to change...  It's almost as if everyone is playing for themselves - including staff - because they know they're always on the hot seat - almost like they're being forced to all play together - or like they're being forced to play a certain style that they don't want...  

Not sure if I'm doing a good job typing what I'm thinking...  

Edited by Confrontational

It's almost as if everyone is playing for themselves - including staff - because they know they're always on the hot seat - almost like they're being forced to all play together - or like they're being forced to play a certain style that they don't want...  

I disagree completely with this part of your post, not that you're wrong,  I just don't see it.

In fact I see it completely in the opposite. How many times do we hear coaching say they want more North/South play, take it to the net, get deeper? But it seldom happens, other than the 4th line.

It appears to me that the top 3 lines really don't need to do what coaching says because coaching has no choice but to play them.

For 3 games EEk, Kap and Boldy played deep north south take it to the net hockey and tore it up.

Then they stopped and went back to curling above the face off circle and try the rink wide pass. Why?

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Then they stopped and went back to curling above the face off circle and try the rink wide pass. Why?

That's exactly what I was referring to...  IMO, which could be completely off base, but I view that as: "did they get scolded for getting caught too deep and therefore are being told to float higher"...?  And since that seems to happen (dramatic change in their approach and play) - then who is telling them that - to which I therefore jump to the staff...  Guessing C&D will cover that in an upcoming podcast as he disects this season...

Edited by Confrontational