EAST Playoffs '23-'24 Round 1: (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs at (A2) Boston Bruins (BOS Wins 4-3)

Maples Leafs at Bruins  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Toronto Resumes Being a Punchline? Bruins Fail Again? Which is it?

• Maple Leafs in 4.... TOR isn't messing around. NEEEEEEXT!
    • Maple Leafs in 5... BOS steals a game, but TOR proves to be too much especially with goal scoring
    • Maple Leafs in 6... Bruins make things interesting, but not interesting enough, as TOR takes it skating away
    • Maple Leafs in 7... Some Leaf fans scream sky is falling, but then say, "I knew it all along" as TOR goes the distance...and wins!
    • Bruins in 4.... LOL Leafs......
    • Bruins in 5.... Still.... LOL Leafs.....
    • Bruins in 6.... Hold on now! Leafs showing life, but....errr, nah....LOL
    • Bruins in 7.... Best showing in many years for Toronto...never mind that they STILL lose (LOL!!). The Bruins quest for Cup glory moves on!

22 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wow.
After a win, and how well Jeremy Swayman played, the Bruins are gonna switch to Linus Ullmark for Game 2??

Ballsy.....

After last year, all of Bruins Nation would be screaming if they didn't at least start out rotating the goalies. 

3 minutes ago, mommax3 said:

After last year, all of Bruins Nation would be screaming if they didn't at least start out rotating the goalies. 

Oh, I get it...as a Minnesota Wild fan, I've seen my share of rotating goalie systems over the years, but Boston is up against a good Leafs team (despite all the fun I make at their expense), and I just think they shouldn't mess around and stay with got them a win.

If Boston wanted to give Linus some play time, wait for the series to shift to Toronto.
At that point, win or lose in Game 2, Ullmark in could be justified better.

Either way, if the Bruins win Game 2, then all that is moot.
Nice to have a solid tandem like the Bruins have, that is for sure.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

Samsonov got his bell rung on that play.
Bruins trying to bank pucks off his noggin.

Careful, Toronto...anything happens to Samsonov, you may be forced to put in Martin Jones then the chit will REALLY hit the fan...

Speaking of which, as I finish this, with 0.000007 seconds left, Pavel Zacha gives the B's the lead.
Morgan Geekie, the skating condominium, figures in that once again with the clean face off win in the offensive zone.

Not sure why Emily Kaplan reporting that Pat Maroon skating at the red line during warm ups is such a eyebrow raising thing....as if, "Is he looking for trouble over there"...particularly with Ryan Reaves in the same vicinity.

Well, yea, Emily...had you been paying attention to Maroon the last several seasons with St. Louis and Tampa Bay (did it a short bit with the Wild too), he PURPOSELY does that during warms ups.

His way to pre-irritate the other team.
Whether they buy in and bite is another matter, but he does that.

Now, Emily, go report on something more worthy.... like.... what does Morgan Geekie eat that he is such a large human being? :shifty: 

• Like 1

Long drive today with a late start…so I listened to Maple Leaf radio via SiriusXM for the first two periods.  Now back home only to find the ESPN announcers so BORING!

(Compared to the Toronto PxP guy, so now I’ve got that synched with my TV video but audio muted.  Ha!  go leafs…

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not happenin....they gotta show Boston how tough they are! :ph34r: 

The Leaves are playing with a lot more grit and salty syrup tonight. I'll give them that.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to EAST Playoffs '23-'24 Round 1: (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs at (A2) Boston Bruins (Series Tied 1-1)
9 hours ago, mommax3 said:

Yup..., and now after losing game 2, fans are wondering why we did not go with sway again....just can't win.