☣ 2023-24 Round 2, East Semi Finals: (A2) Boston Bruins at (A1) Florida Panthers (FLA WINS 4-2) ㊗

Bruins at Panthers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Lots at stake. Which team moves forward with their championship destiny?

• Bruins in 4.... Raw momentum carried over from beating Toronto propel Boston way over the Panthers
    • Bruins in 5.... Any good fortunes the Panthers got away with against TB, doesn't happen here. And they fall hard.
    • Bruins in 6.... Hard fought series that sees the Bruins continue on what they started to try to do last year.
    • Bruins in 7.... Boston always makes things interesting, and this series is no different. Takes them the full 7, but get rid of the Cats nonetheless
    • Panthers in 4... Boston depleted after the emotional highs of the Toronto series? This FLA sweep says perhaps...
    • Panthers in 5... Bruins try, but Florida simply is looking more n more like a team of destiny this year.
    • Panthers in 6... Very good set with lots of twists n turns....but the biggest twist is the Bruins falling to the better team this year.
    • Panthers in 7.... 'Cinderellas' no more. Even the toughest pundit can't deny the moxie shown by the Cats, as Game 7 isn't as kind to the Bruins this time.

9 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

He probably sleeps using the same brand mattress and pillow set Marchand has used all these years! :bigteeth:

I wish Marchand was like Bennett at least to see him do to Bennett what he did to him. As I've said before, it's been several years since Marchand did anything dirty. He grew up. Bennett is still a punk bully who enjoys injuring. Man I hope to see his blood on the ice!

10 hours ago, RBGordie said:

I wish Marchand was like Bennett at least to see him do to Bennett what he did to him. As I've said before, it's been several years since Marchand did anything dirty. He grew up. Bennett is still a punk bully who enjoys injuring. Man I hope to see his blood on the ice!

How and when did Florida aquire Teresenko?

4 hours ago, Buffalo Rick said:

How and when did Florida aquire Teresenko?

This past trade deadline, the Sens dealt Tarasenko to Florida for a 4th (that would become a 2026 3rd round if Florida wins the Cup) and a 2026 3rd round pick. Sens also retain 50% of Tarasenko's salary.

Being a GM in places like Florida, Texas and Nevada is like playing on Easy Mode in a video game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

This past trade deadline, the Sens dealt Tarasenko to Florida for a 4th (that would become a 2026 3rd round if Florida wins the Cup) and a 2026 3rd round pick. Sens also retain 50% of Tarasenko's salary.

Being a GM in places like Florida, Texas and Nevada is like playing on Easy Mode in a video game.

Thanks for the info.  Teresenko, though not the beastly player he once was, is still good and the type who could be a difference maker.  I would welcome the Sabres making a move to have him for a year or two but that will never happen in this small market and with stupid Adams. Teresenko contributed in last win over Boston

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Rick said:

I would welcome the Sabres making a move to have him for a year or two but that will never happen in this small market

No way Tarasenko goes to some small, backwater market like *checks notes* Ottawa Buffalo.

Never happen.

:hocky:

50 minutes ago, radoran said:

No way Tarasenko goes to some small, backwater market like *checks notes* Ottawa Buffalo.

Never happen.

:hocky:

He did go to Ottawa

27 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

giphy.gif

I just watched the Rookie. Love the show.  Nolan.  You will be drinking early for the Vancouver game I bet?  I would.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Rick said:

I just watched the Rookie. Love the show.  Nolan.  You will be drinking early for the Vancouver game I bet?  I would.  

Well, I'm a non-drinker myself, so I guess I'll have a Coke Zero.    lol

32 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Well, I'm a non-drinker myself, so I guess I'll have a Coke Zero.    lol

I don’t drink but on holidays, maybe good red wine.  Can’t do it like old days as I have type 2. I’d like to get a few of those good Canadian beers.  🍺 I miss that.  I’m watching harness racing in London Ontario.   I watch Woodbine on the nights they run.  It’s an East Coast thing in US and Canada.  I’m surprised Colorado is in trouble.  Thought they had a shot vs Dallas?  Maybe they still do?  Boston looks finished

• Like 1

I've said time and again, that Sam Bennett is that underrated big part of the Panther's team...

Morgan Geekie may be that for the Bruins.
That big, almost oafish, but unsung type who does the dirty work, wins puck battles....and produces, quietly most of the time, but produces nonetheless.

He just gave the Bruins their much needed lead here.
1-0 B's 5 minutes into the first.

5-2 Panthers, tonight. You know who's been quiet in this series, 57 goal scorer Sam Reinhart. I think he gets a hat trick and an assist tonight, and the Cats close the series out at home in five games. Buh bye Boston, Marchand, Pasta and Jack Edwards.

The Bruins are coming out and doing exactly what I expected they'd do. I thought they'd come out very strong early on, and Bob would stand tall. Go Cats!

They should give lie detector tests to the refs. "Are you a Panthers fan? Tell the truth!"

Bobrovsky is out of position, the Bruins were threatening, whistle blew for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

27 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

5-2 Panthers, tonight. You know who's been quiet in this series, 57 goal scorer Sam Reinhart. I think he gets a hat trick and an assist tonight, and the Cats close the series out at home in five games. Buh bye Boston, Marchand, Pasta and Jack Edwards.

Panthers are my new most hated team. Die Panthers! Bleed Bennett! 

And you aren't even a Panthers fan, LOL! 

31 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I've said time and again, that Sam Bennett is that underrated big part of the Panther's team...

Morgan Geekie may be that for the Bruins.
That big, almost oafish, but unsung type who does the dirty work, wins puck battles....and produces, quietly most of the time, but produces nonetheless.

He just gave the Bruins their much needed lead here.
1-0 B's 5 minutes into the first.

How is Bennett underrated? I hear his praise all the time!

20 minutes ago, RBGordie said:

How is Bennett underrated? I hear his praise all the time!

Really?
Well, I would hope people have finally caught on then!

I hear all the time about Barkov, Tkachuk, Ekblad, Bobrovsky....even Carter Verhaeghe on the Panthers, but Bennett's name usually is left off the 'essentials' list.
Of course, people in the hockey-know can appreciate Bennett and not only what he has brought to the Panthers, but what he has been bringing for years in Calgary beforehand.

Overall, I'd still say he is underrated because I  feel he doesn't get the same recognition as some of the aforementioned Panther players, yet he is just as integral, if not more so at times, than some of those players.

I feel that way about Geekie on the Bruins.... Cirelli on the Lightning..... Knies is becoming that (IMO) on the Leafs....out West, Faksa on the Stars, and maybe Foegele on the Oilers.
Players who all don't get a bunch of ink, but you watch them, and they are so very important to how well the team plays on the ice.

Man...Jake DeBrusk.

If he would cut out some of the 'cuteness' and fanciness to his game, and maybe just play more straight up, he might finally hit that consistency that the Bruins want from him!

He is always on the cusp of being traded because he has lots of talent, but can never quite produce and create regularly.
He had a chance just now to possibly create, but held onto the puck too long....looked like he had some options to pass to.

Bruins falling asleep at the wheel on the PP.
Bad turnovers to the short handed Panthers, and then, not hurrying to the Florida puck carriers resulting in Swayman having to bail the team out after some good looks on net by the PK'ing Cats!

Great kill by the Panthers..let's see if that doesn't get them going. If not, the upcoming power play might. Lohrei to the box.