Briere

Guest AndyS

I feel like I'm starting to notice Schenn's toughness and willingness to become a leader. I wish he'd show it more, but he's coming along.

schenn is one of the few forwads league wide that has been able to play malkenstien evenly, schenn has enough size, skates as well and seems to think like Malkin so he's usually where Malkin is going. between him and courturier i think we have a couple of really good 2 way centermen in the fold for years to come.

schenn is one of the few forwads league wide that has been able to play malkenstien evenly, schenn has enough size, skates as well and seems to think like Malkin so he's usually where Malkin is going. between him and courturier i think we have a couple of really good 2 way centermen in the fold for years to come.

I like that Schenn has a physical edge to his game and will hit players like Malkin and Chara. I think he's goitten a lot from the tight knit nature of this team - which has really started to show itself as we've hit the stretch run.

Guy's a little insane sometimes, but that's a good character trait in a hockey player.

Oh, and in terms of contributions let's not forget about Danny leading the group in the talk with Bryz...

By popular request - here is a Danny thread.

Getting that empty-netter will get him going. Watcg him get on a roll now & round into his usual playoff form just in time.

And I sincerely think that Lavy should give him the "C" before the playoffs start. I think he would take that to heart big time.

. . .very classy move by Voracek to give up the easy goal to get Danny out of his slump.

awesome andy(resident good luck charm)... this endorsement might be a little late for my fantasy team, but i'm sure danny will appreciate it when he starts lighting it up from now on.

I like him. A lot. But I'm not certain he will be a Flyer in 5 years

Given what transpired last summer I don't think we can be certain about anybody being a Flyer in 5 years. But the Flyers don't seem to have much in the prospect department as far as wingers go. Figure one more year for Jagr, I'd be surprised if they trade both JVR and Jake. But stranger things have obviously happened. Jake is only making $2.25 million and is a RFA after this year. I'd be surprised if they don't resign him for 3-5 years.

@JackStraw - good points all around.

I have been very impressed with Voracek's work ethic and tenacity. I knew he wasn't deserving of the Zherdev comparisons he was getting by people who had never really seen him play (although I still don't get his decision to continue wearing #93), but I have been pleasantly surprised by him. He needs to work on his shot and shoot more. Those two things go together obviously....

I like him. A lot. But I'm not certain he will be a Flyer in 5 years

being the case that coburn is our longest tenured flyer and he was brought in just 5 years ago(man time flies), i don't think we can expect anyone from this 2011/12 team to be here. long-term contract or not.

@radoran - thanks, I did not know the latter. Still, why would anyone for any reason, want to wear a jersey that Zherdev once wore?

#tainted

on the other hand, its nice to have a quality player come in and look good in that # (clean the taint...if you will). not like zherdev was here for a long time.