Very impressed with Couturier

Guest Phillygrump

Well, we may not be laughing about that stuff, but the laughs continue with the Leafs. Those laughs will continue forever, it appears.

All I can say is...WOW! Burke took a totally useless team, and after four years has made them worse. Meanwhile, the Flyers took a contender, kept them contending, and even though they ended up ahead of the Leafs every year but one, have Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, Read, Simmonds, Voracek, JVR...good job Burkie.

@flyercanuck - if Burke had half the cojones as Robert Earl Clarke he would have done the honorable thing and quit. Clarke took a look in the mirror said the problem was him and fired himself. Whatever else one has to say about Clarke, that's still called leadership.

@canoli

But the Flyers and their track record of developing them, would have screwed that up. Couturier has a good shot at being a great forward, and Philly is pretty darn good at developing them.

The evidence sure suggests this but do you have any insight into the nuts and bolts of it? Why are the Flyers good at developing forwards but not defenseman....or goaltenders?

@terp

I'm sure @flyercanuck could paint a nice set of flames on your car, but do you really wanna trust him with engine repairs?

Do you think my Rambler would look good with flames on the side? Maybe I'll spring for that giant spoiler I've been wanting...

Everything looks better with flames on the side of it, man! I'm from northern Manitoba though, so it might be a taste kind of thing.

You're onto something..can't wait to tell my wife about her new look.