Giroux - The Shift

Guest brelic

Guy is just an amazing, fierce competitor. But he's too small to play in the OHL.

\

That still blows me away!

My Habs buddies are so pissed that they didn't pick him ;) And they're still bitter about Briere, lol.

You know, I thought it was interesting that Talbot said he picked the Flyers because they have a good history of developing French Canadian players, and I wondered if that had anything to do with why Giroux developed so nicely with Gagne and Briere around to help him out.

@brelic

I honestly think Girouxs drive would have had him develop anywhere. he's been told he;s too small all along and look where it's got him. Anyone who saw him put Gatineau on his back and carry them to the Memorial Cup tournament saw the focus in this guys game. I know Clarke was gm then, but I'm positive Giroux was Holmgrens pick. And a heck of a pick it was.

Wow. Was G fired up or what??? Incredible competitor!!

That kind of energy is obviously contagious. He fired up the whole team and maybe dictated the games outcome with 30 seconds of play. Pretty special.

\

That still blows me away!

My Habs buddies are so pissed that they didn't pick him ;) And they're still bitter about Briere, lol.

You know, I thought it was interesting that Talbot said he picked the Flyers because they have a good history of developing French Canadian players, and I wondered if that had anything to do with why Giroux developed so nicely with Gagne and Briere around to help him out.

if we end up playing the rangers this postseason, the fans need to get a "Sanguinetti" chant going