Sid Back Friday?

Guest OzFlyer

I can't stand him, one of 2 guys I despise in the league. I hope someone decks him as soon as he comes back, I remember how Pens fan cheered when Kasparaitis deck Lindros back then. I want them to suffer more then we did, maybe Rinaldo can do the honors when we face them.

I'm not sure he can take a bump honestly.

Bettman will have the person that hits him next thrown out of the league.

can we send shelly after him and take one for the team. @ his salary and only playing 1.5 minutes a game maybe thats why homer is keeping him on the roster

Friday looks to be the date for Sid's return. The question is how long until he is out after the first bump??

NHL.com is reporting he is not playing friday or saturday

PITTSBURGH -- Sidney Crosby has needed rest, rehabilitation, weekly doctors' visits and lots of on-ice time while recovering from the concussion that put him out of action more than 10 months ago.

Add in plenty of patience -- now more than ever.

Crosby went through another full-scale, full-speed practice Thursday -- one so good that teammateSteve Sullivan said he can’t tell Crosby ever was hurt -- but Crosby was ruled out of the Pittsburgh Penguins' games Friday against Dallas (7 p.m., NHLN-US) and Saturday at Carolina.

Coach Dan Bylsma wouldn't hint about a possible return date, but he insisted the Penguins aren't being clandestine and will disclose when Crosby has been cleared to play.

Crosby_practice_325.jpg

Penguins coach
Dan Bylsma
says
Sidney Crosby
will not play this weekend and that his return is still unknown.
(Photo: NHL Images)

That will occur, he said, "sometime down the road," and only after Crosby's doctors are certain that a player who was dominating the NHL at this time a year ago is 100-percent ready.

"From a coach's standpoint, we're not looking for some indicator on the ice that Sidney can play," Bylsma said. "From a medical standpoint -- in terms of clearance, the next steps, progression -- that's all from the doctors' directive."

NHL.com is reporting he is not playing friday or saturday

PITTSBURGH -- Sidney Crosby has needed rest, rehabilitation, weekly doctors' visits and lots of on-ice time while recovering from the concussion that put him out of action more than 10 months ago.

Add in plenty of patience -- now more than ever.

Crosby went through another full-scale, full-speed practice Thursday -- one so good that teammateSteve Sullivan said he can’t tell Crosby ever was hurt -- but Crosby was ruled out of the Pittsburgh Penguins' games Friday against Dallas (7 p.m., NHLN-US) and Saturday at Carolina.

Coach Dan Bylsma wouldn't hint about a possible return date, but he insisted the Penguins aren't being clandestine and will disclose when Crosby has been cleared to play.

a>

Penguins coach
says
will not play this weekend and that his return is still unknown.
(Photo: NHL Images)

That will occur, he said, "sometime down the road," and only after Crosby's doctors are certain that a player who was dominating the NHL at this time a year ago is 100-percent ready.

"From a coach's standpoint, we're not looking for some indicator on the ice that Sidney can play," Bylsma said. "From a medical standpoint -- in terms of clearance, the next steps, progression -- that's all from the doctors' directive."

I am with Vincent05 in despising that horse-faced, whining and diving bitch. That being said, he is still an incredible player that has to be accounted for every time he sets foot on the ice. He might not have been so despised had he not come into the league under Mario's tutelage on how to cry to the refs to get calls....

Yeah Flyerrod I agree, He is a great talent. He is however an incredible weasel. I know that many people think he's instrumental for the game of hockey and it's continued success. I don't feel that way. I think that his absence has been a blessing purely because I don't have to listen to the announcers -ACHOOO- Pierre Macguire- drooling over him. Honestly, my disdain for the guy aside, I think there are better representatives than him.

Last year I asked 2 NHL defensemen who was the most difficult offensive player to guard against. Both said Crosby.

Whether you hate or like him, you gotta give him credit. Although I pull for the Flyers, I would like to see him back on the ice and not have his career cut short by injury.

Although not a Crosby fan, he matured and had less immature incidents on the ice last year.