Steroids in NHL

Guest phlfly

@JackStraw So now we know, in this Olympic year, all future blood doping questions will automatically revert to the Straw man. Do you watch the Summer Olymics? I've split my vacation time this year between the Summer Olympics and NFL Sundays. I figure if somebody is going to train their whole lives for a particualr event, I'll watch with eyes wide open. In a lot of ways, politics aside, the Summer Olympics is sport in it's purest form. The best in the world doing battle with little or no cash involved. I'm really looking forward to the television coverage.

@jammer2 - I always watch the Olympics. I actually was able to go to Montreal in '76, I didn't have tickets but I managed to get a ticket to the final day of track and field and saw Jenner win the decathlon. The whole thing was a great experience, hopefully I'll go to another one some day.

phlfly...perfect would be zero losses. It's a pretty damn impressive run, there's no doubt about it. But it's not perfect. And if these guys were cheating, why were they so mediocre for most of the regular season? I mean they barely made the playoffs.

That's my point, then suddenly there are became a team can win everything and against anybody. I was watching games against St Louis and I tell you LA were like 2 step faster than Blues, same as against Phoenix.

I don't know, but I don't believe team at 8 spot and played terrible hockey all season long then suddenly can win a cup.

That's my point, then suddenly there are became a team can win everything and against anybody. I was watching games against St Louis and I tell you LA were like 2 step faster than Blues, same as against Phoenix.

I don't know, but I don't believe team at 8 spot and played terrible hockey all season long then suddenly can win a cup.

The Kings were built with patience. They acquired a lot of pieces you need, and gave them time to develop. They also had some luck (for example, we get JVR 2nd overall, they get Drew Doughty 2nd overall A YEAR LATER...Doughty is ten times the player JVR is) When last season began, they'd traded for Richards and a lot of people thought they were a front runner for the cup. Then they horribly underachieved for about 2/3rds of the season. So even though they were the 8th seed, they were a lot more talented than any 8th seed should be. And that has nothing to do with steroids.