Save the cap space for Corey Perry.

Guest AndyS

@emcane Sure, I honestly believe Couts and B.Schenn will be outright superstars. But until we have a counter for King Lundy, it's a moot point. The Rags would have destroyed us in the playoffs. The other glaring difference is the Rags have Del Zotto a young stud to run the pp, Flyers have no such animal.

gannable is also magnumpi from philly.com

is there a way for ganable to change his handle to magnumpi???? I would post more. I promise

----

and to Ranger Boy - people are acting like the Rangers are the 1982 New York Islanders.

by me saying "they're saying not that great" and "overachieved" does not imply they're not a good team. You can be nothing special and still be a "good" team.

If you listen carefully to Sean Couturier you hear it in his voice and in his own words that he IS a goal scorer and playmaker, he is Offense. The fact is he's very solid defensively, which we got to see.

What we didn't get to see was how talented he IS offensively. Now he is in a position to show more of his offense, I think in doing that his defense might lighten up, due to more of an opportunity to score now, but nowing him

he will figure it out, and callibrate himself back so he can be a star in this league.

Supposedly he was this frail boy, that wasn't able to make the cut because he was to gimpy and couldn't Play with the Big League Boys....but he did! And he is only getting bigger and stronger.

Brayden Schenn...who could of taken the setback after setback after setback to sulk in his dilema of setbacks, having to slowly come back haveing to ReFitt in to the team again and again, having to jump off the train

and catch his feet and stay in stride with the team when they where running like a smooth locomotive, to have that intestinal fortitude to believe in yourself and to go out there and produce in front of a large audience who doesn't know

you and has questions about you.....and now he has his brother who can motivatingly push him and each other to succeed and for both to improve.

Jake Voracek: Was a potential fringe player who had the desire but not a map to show him the way, One thing that I think helped him the most and was possibly the most valuable lesson that was taught and I believe even more important

than Girouxe learning from Jagr....was Jake learning from Jagr, it's almost like your about to head to war and it's gonna be real bad, you've come under fire a few times but you know this time it's going to be different and you Know It! Along

comes a veteran and sits by you, and you subtle but poignantly take in the hard work and dedication You! need to do to succeed...the next day you awake and see the new day.....Jake will be ready this season. Leino on steriods.

Matt Read: We can rebuild him, we have the technology and will make him better.....stronger...... faster....ccchhhhii cccchhiii ccccchhhhiii

Jake Voracek needs to be locked up soon before he gets an offer sheet.

Odd he hasn't been inked yet.

Not odd at all. He was clearly one of the possible trade chips. Still might be (for Ryan or Yandle).

No one is going to give up 4 #1's for Jake, so no one will give him an offer sheet. (If they did, there is no way that Homer would pass up on 4 extra #1 picks.)

No need to rush on Jake's contract extension.

Not odd at all. He was clearly one of the possible trade chips. Still might be (for Ryan or Yandle).

No one is going to give up 4 #1's for Jake, so no one will give him an offer sheet. (If they did, there is no way that Homer would pass up on 4 extra #1 picks.)

No need to rush on Jake's contract extension.

I agree that Jake is in the mix for one of the player, if I recall prior to the draft Holmgren went on record saying JvR would not be traded. We see where that went.

As far as compensation for Voracek to an offer sheet, I think it's only a second round pick that would come back to the Flyers given his current salary. I could be wrong though.

The only thing I see is that Jake will probably get a raise; which could make the compensation a 1st and a 3rd.

I agree that Jake is in the mix for one of the player, if I recall prior to the draft Holmgren went on record saying JvR would not be traded. We see where that went.

As far as compensation for Voracek to an offer sheet, I think it's only a second round pick that would come back to the Flyers given his current salary. I could be wrong though.

The only thing I see is that Jake will probably get a raise; which could make the compensation a 1st and a 3rd.

Flyers have room and ability to match any offer except a ridiculous one.

Also, Jake would need to agree and sign the sheet.

I don't think either scenario is likely.