Any NHL 13 Players Out There? (Flyers Related; Listen to These Trades)

PHI Flyers10

That's the NHL series for you. I can understand an 8th place finish for my Flyers team since I'm trying to develop the young guys (weird saying that since Couturier and I are the same age), but they're doing well in the playoffs. Schenn has 10 goals in two and a half rounds. I'm tied 2-2 with the Penguins right now. Nervous about the next two games.

Not every team can be the Leafs and be last in every category and come in last

LOL, this is true. But its really stupid. Offense: 5 stars. Defence: 5 stars. Goaltending: 5 stars. I ended up finishing 9th. 9th. I was the best ''overall'' team in the NHL and I finished 9th. In a tie with Buffalo who lost 20 games in OT. I have been trying to trade Price because I have Malcom Subban coming up, but I can't get what I want for him. That being a top 2 D man. Trading is SO much harder in this instalment, not sure if I like it or hate it...

@habsguy26

The game either undervalues Price or undervalues goalies in general (more likely). If you can't get what you want for him, don't trade him I guess.

But trading isn't about getting what you want; it's about getting what you need. Once you recognize that, deals become easier to make. So trade Price for Doughty straight up :P

So are you guys playing all 82 games in this GM mode? I haven't played the franchise since 2005 on PS2. Please excuse my ignorance, but it has been awhile. I would like to look into playing the new one time permitting.

I'm just simming them. I used to play them all out but it takes so long to do that, especially if you're doing 25 years of being a GM.

@habsguy26

The game either undervalues Price or undervalues goalies in general (more likely). If you can't get what you want for him, don't trade him I guess.

But trading isn't about getting what you want; it's about getting what you need. Once you recognize that, deals become easier to make. So trade Price for Doughty straight up :P

The goalies are superhuman in this game. Bryz finished my season with the best S% and GAA. Now that's saying something.

@Podein25 @PHI Flyers10

Price is 90 overall, wins 40 games a year but his save % is around .905% and GAA is 2.98 or something, its stupid... Malcom Subban is 86 overall in 2019, He is ready to take over the reins from Price, but, I want a top 2 defender from someone and no one is on the trading block. It is seriously almost impossible to acquire anyone who isn't on the trading block. :(

Just wondering if anyone has picked up the new game yet. I've been playing it a good deal the last couple of days after a really busy week. Anyways, I'm playing in Be a Pro right now I just noticed two transactions that the Flyers pulled off (I'm playing on the Spitfires as a created player), and they traded a 1st round pick to NYI for Nabokov and then traded Wellwood and Laughton to TB for St. Louis. I was unaware that Bob Clarke was back in office as GM.

Seriously though, imagine the explosion on this board if those trades happened in real life.

So in this trade what happened to Bryz did he go the other way??? Then i like it. The St. Louie trade doesn't make sense though.

Is anyone here really good at faceoffs??? Man, for the life of me, I cannot win faceoffs.

I think I'm doing it right, using the right analog stick, but I'm clearly missing something.

Your main problem is you're not targeting the wrist!!!!!

THE WRIST MAN, GOT TO AIM FOR THE WRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in this trade what happened to Bryz did he go the other way??? Then i like it. The St. Louie trade doesn't make sense though.

Nope, Bryz stayed on the team. It was weird, but Laughton is also pretty bad in the game and only has 2 star potential, which is really low, and Wellwood isn't that great in it either, so I guess they just wanted another top forward, although St. Louis is old.

So are you guys playing all 82 games in this GM mode? I haven't played the franchise since 2005 on PS2. Please excuse my ignorance, but it has been awhile. I would like to look into playing the new one time permitting.

I am playing all 82 games. But that also means that I won't get to the playoffs until like January! I'm lucky if I can play 5 games a week, so it's not much faster than real life!

I traded pronger to Detroit for 1st rounder. Traded briere to buffalo for 1st rounder and traded breezy to cal for a 1st rounder. Selected the top two dmen in draft with picks 1 and 3 in first round and selected a goalie with pick 20 . Signed goalie backstrom to fa contract and signed del zotto away from rangers and gave up a 1st and third. Signed alfredson and gagne and traded l Schenn to Chicago for bolland. So far I'm 4-1 simmed through the next season after going 20-40 roughly last year and finishing last.

So I simmed everything up until the Finals, then I wanted to play (I play on All-Star). Like I said, horrid start to the season. Had about a 33% win percentage a quarter of the way through but finished 41-29-12. Then went 7 games in the first three playoff series, knocking off the Devils, Islanders, and Penguins. Seems like the Atlantic was amazing this season. Swept the Blues in the Finals winning 5-1, 5-1, 2-1 (Couturier with a breakaway goal late in the third and then ZacfrickenRinaldo scored in OT), and then a 3-0 shutout.

Bryz won the Conn Smythe with 16 wins, a .943 save percentage, and a 1.60 GAA. Giroux had the most points with 23, and Brayden Schenn and his brother Luke tied for 4th with 16 points each. Brayden had the most goals in the playoffs with 13. I'm interested in seeing how much each of the young guys progressed this year since I put them on the first and second lines.

So I simmed everything up until the Finals, then I wanted to play (I play on All-Star). Like I said, horrid start to the season. Had about a 33% win percentage a quarter of the way through but finished 41-29-12. Then went 7 games in the first three playoff series, knocking off the Devils, Islanders, and Penguins. Seems like the Atlantic was amazing this season. Swept the Blues in the Finals winning 5-1, 5-1, 2-1 (Couturier with a breakaway goal late in the third and then ZacfrickenRinaldo scored in OT), and then a 3-0 shutout.

Bryz won the Conn Smythe with 16 wins, a .943 save percentage, and a 1.60 GAA. Giroux had the most points with 23, and Brayden Schenn and his brother Luke tied for 4th with 16 points each. Brayden had the most goals in the playoffs with 13. I'm interested in seeing how much each of the young guys progressed this year since I put them on the first and second lines.

Price had those exact numbers when I just won the cup again, glad I didn't trade him! Although I think I will need to this year, Malcom Subban is too good to be my back up again. Canuck goalie situation ftw!

I just drafted Reinhart (winger) and Fedorov (goalie) with the 1st and 2nd picks. Had to get rid of Luke Schenn for it, and Read, Pronger, and Timonen are all gone. I have a star winger prospect and a star goalie prospect now though. Probably have to do a slow rebuild. Schenn and Couturier are only 80 overall after 2 seasons. That's some crap. "Snider" expects 48 wins and a conference finals appearance out of me after not even making the playoffs last year. What the hell?

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting to see how everyone else's team is doing.

I'm in the 4th year of my GM mode (2015-2016) and my team is looking pretty different now. I won the Cup in my first and third years, but missed the playoffs my second year. I just signed Patrick Kane to an 11.15 million/year contract as a free agent (cap is 78 million, and I have 6 million in space). Traded Bryz to get Ekman-Larsson from Phoenix. My defense kinda sucks but oh well. I scored the first and second overall picks in the 2014 draft and got Sam Reinhart and a goalie prospect named Fedorov who has 4 and a half star potential. Played him in the minors last year and he went up to an 85 overall at age 19. Reinhart is in his first year in the AHL on the first line. Kubina is terribly slow but he's an 85 overall so I need him back there. I'm disappointed in how Schenn and Couturier are progressing with their potential. They should be 84/85 overall, and have both played on the first line to get more points and experience, but something isn't clicking. Couturier had to fall to 3rd line wing because of the Kane signing. Here are my lines:

Kane (90 ovr) - Giroux (90 ovr) - Voracek (86 ovr)

Hartnell (84 ovr) - Schenn (81 ovr) - Simmonds (84 ovr)

Couturier (81 ovr) - Antropov (80 ovr) - Mason Raymond (79 ovr)

Colin Greening (75 ovr) - Talbot (77 ovr) - Zolnierczyk (73 ovr)

Coburn (85 ovr) - Ekman-Larsson (85 ovr)

Kubina (85 ovr) - Meszaros (85 ovr)

Gustafsson (77 ovr) - Bourdon (77 ovr)

Fedorov (85 ovr)

Hovinen (78 ovr)

Edited by PHI Flyers10

And something that has pissed me off is that Schenn and Couturier are both players with 4 star potential, and Wellwood is a 3 and a half star guy, who started out at 66 overall. I traded Wellwood to either the Devils or Wild and his overall is now 82, while Schenn and Couturier are sitting at 81... What the hell? Landeskog is also broken in the game. He doesn't get any better from his 81 overall but has 4 star potential, and is always listed as a 3rd line scorer.