why is the la chi game on nbc?

pensuck

My Cable company caught some grief, they blamed NBC, but I got the week free for center ice, I successfully argued they advertised it.....WOOHOOO!

I thought Center Ice was free for the first 15 days this season courtesy of the NHL.....so they gave you something free that was already free? Hehe.

I thought Center Ice was free for the first 15 days this season courtesy of the NHL.....so they gave you something free that was already free? Hehe.

Wow 15 free days certainly makes up for their greed during the lockout.

I find it more and more difficult to support professional sports. Even college football is less about sports now and more about TV ratings.

TV networks allow you to watch all these games and in return they really control these pro sports. I really think that some day pro sports is going to resemble WWF wrestling in that everything will be staged for maximum entertainment and all the best story lines within the game.

• Like 1

Totally agree Phillygrump - with each point you make. Two weeks of free NHL Center Ice in a 48 game season is almost insulting. Nah, it IS insulting. But maybe the joke's on me, because I'm gonna take it. I can take or leave every other sport, but when it comes to NHL hockey, I'm that sucker PT Barnum was talking about!

I thought Center Ice was free for the first 15 days this season courtesy of the NHL.

The NHL does not own center ice. They are paid rights to broadcast games. I actually thought it was NHL.com streaming package that was going to be free, but that is a fallacy as well.