Too early to start a topic Bitching about Officiating?

OH1FlyersFan

Steve Kosari calls goalie interference and disallows a goal? Weak.

Too be fair, they made up for it later by letting the Sabres kick Bryzgalov and the puck into the net. Yet that is NOT goalie interference....

@Polaris922

I watched the Pens/Flyers game, and I don't recall them incorrectly disallowing two Pens goals and letting a Flyer kick Fleury into the net to score one of their own. I did see Crosby get away with a dive early in the 1st period and the refs put Giroux then Coburn into the box, and Coburn wasn't anywhere near the play.

@Polaris922

I watched the Pens/Flyers game, and I don't recall them incorrectly disallowing two Pens goals and letting a Flyer kick Fleury into the net to score one of their own. I did see Crosby get away with a dive early in the 1st period and the refs put Giroux then Coburn into the box, and Coburn wasn't anywhere near the play.

Must have been another Flyers/Pens game on. I saw Crosby tripped up pretty clearly (albeit wrong guy sent to the box). I saw the Flyers get 3 power plays in the 1st period alone on 3 pretty ticky tack calls. I saw Wayne Simmonds make his case for 'Best Supporting Actor' in the 3rd period to give the Flyers a PP with 5:00 to go in a 1-goal game.

I saw Fedotenko pretty clearly push Miller backwards as he (Miller) was trying to play the puck well before the puck went into the net.

The early whistle...you're right on that one. Bad call. But waiving off a goal that would cut the lead from 2 to 1 with 2:00 to go is hardly costing anyone a game. What are the percentages on scoring when a team pulls the goaling? 5% success? I guess you can argue they took away your 5% chance of whining....I mean winning (Freudian slip up there).

@Polaris922

Did I miss anything? :D

• Like 1

Touche.

But...which one was I wrong about?

The 1st waved off goal.

i have watche and rewatched the the replay. I do not see goalie interference. Miller was OUTSIDE the crease and the puck was bouncing around. Miller gave up a nice juicey rebound. Fedetenko did nothing to impede Miller. Nothing. I will stand by this and still argue that this was NOT goalie interference.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

@pilldoc

i have watche and rewatched the the replay. I do not see goalie interference. Miller was OUTSIDE the crease and the puck was bouncing around. Miller gave up a nice juicey rebound. Fedetenko did nothing to impede Miller. Nothing. I will stand by this and still argue that this was NOT goalie interference.

He didn't get in his way (impede) but he did make enough contact to force Miller backwards. How else can you explain Miller moving forward to make a save then all of a sudden backwards while losing his balance at the same time? It's certainly not "obvious" but the officials get paid to be able to see things like that. To me at least, the physics tell the tale.

Respectfully agree to disagree.

@B21

They shouldn't even mention the game against the Pens as the refs were pretty favorable towards them.

But I do think you hit it on the head really well. And definitely the right call on hitting Miller. Fedotenko's even extends his arm into him causing him to fall back and knock the puck into the net. Dead on.

How else can you explain Miller moving forward to make a save then all of a sudden backwards

Miller flailed backwards after Fedetenko was passed him... lunged backwards not because of any incidental contact outside of the crease, but because he was trying to make a save with his left arm. Clear as day. The video tells all from every angle.

Contrast this to Hodgson sliding into the goalie and forcing him (and the puck) into the net. Now THAT is interference.

Miller flailed backwards after Fedetenko was passed him... lunged backwards not because of any incidental contact outside of the crease, but because he was trying to make a save with his left arm. Clear as day. The video tells all from every angle.

Contrast this to Hodgson sliding into the goalie and forcing him (and the puck) into the net. Now THAT is interference.

Orange & black glasses on that one my friend

• Like 1

@B21

They shouldn't even mention the game against the Pens as the refs were pretty favorable towards them.

But I do think you hit it on the head really well. And definitely the right call on hitting Miller. Fedotenko's even extends his arm into him causing him to fall back and knock the puck into the net. Dead on.

Agree on all points.