Brian Campbell, the best player out there to be had

Guest yave1964

Florida has started their fire sale, Tallon has announced that with very few exceptions near everyone is available in trade right now.

Brian Campbell is in possession of one of the most lethal offensive games of any blueliner in the game, a small guy, he is more of an offensive force than a defensive one, he gets shoved around a bit in his own end, but wow what a upgrade he would be for almost any team in the league on the power play.

The drawback is three years left at 7.1 million a year, and with the cap going down by six million a year there are scant few teams who could afford him. Of course, a team could use him as a rental for this season and buy him out next year.

Personally, I would love to see him and Kopecky come to the Wings, we have the young talent to offer in trade and the two of them would make the Wings relevant again. If someone would wake Ken Holland from his nap and give him Dave Tallons number tha would be great.

Edited by yave1964

@flyercanuck

I know the cost is super high, but if they buy out Bryz and bring in Campbell... man that would vastly improve your defensive corps as far as fixing your breakout game. Campbell isn't a physical presence, but not many puck moving defensemen are. The guy is magic with the puck sometimes, and...

God, I hope Holmgren doesn't see this thread.

;)

@yave1964

Would be a great pickup for the Wings really... may replace a lot of the offense lost with the departure of Lidstrom.

• Like 1

@Polaris922

If they buy out Bryz and bring in another stupid overpaid underachiever (there's a reason Chicago couldn't wait to unload the guy) I'm going to become a Nordiques fan.

Haha! I think Chicago had cap issues and wanted Keith - Seabrook to be there instead. Campbell has done very well for a depleted team. But he is overpaid!

@Polaris922 Campbell was pretty brutal for the Hawks most of the time. His play really improved once he got to the Panthers. Maybe a wake up call, the trade or something to effect. Funny, cause you would think the Hawks had the most talent, so that's where he should have thrived.

• Like 1

Haha! I think Chicago had cap issues and wanted Keith - Seabrook to be there instead. Campbell has done very well for a depleted team. But he is overpaid!

He is overpaid, no doubt, but to get talent especially on the blue line you have to overpay. Warts and all, I would LOVE to see Campbell wearing the winged wheel.
  • Like 1