Good game 9 min to go.When do

pensuck

We're going to have to disagree on this. Rarely is a penalty called when a player only has one hand on his stick and it gets knocked out of his hand. In fact, I think that's the 1st time I've seen that call this year.

And when the stick hits the ice and bounces back so high that it almost hits them in their faces.. it was a monster slash. Hell I could HEAR the slash in my seats.. and I sit in the upper balcony.

There goes your conspiracy theory again ;) They let the Flyers get away with as many if not more penalties as they did the Pens. At the game, there were countless hooks and holds, interference and outright tackles of Pens players that were away from the puck as any Flyers players. The game was fiesty and out of control with the sticks and bodies going down on the ice. Every game we've played this year the officiating has been one sided in the Flyers favor... and this was the first one that both teams seemed to get away with murder, as long as it was away from the puck.

As for the Orpik call... anytime a stick gets hit like that and bounces off the ice back up to almost hit the players in the faces, that was a monster slash... so there was no limp wristing to it. If it hadn't been right in front of the net where an imminent breakaway would occur they might have even let that go the way they were calling it. But since it was right at the puck and could result in a breakaway for Simmonds they called it.. and it was unquestionably the right call. If bonehead Simmonds had just lifted the stick instead of tomahawking it... no call at all. He made himself look like an idiot complaining after that kind of chop.

As I agreed with the calls had to be made, I am not sure where you get conspiracy theory. With (insert team name here) trailing and less than 10 minutes to play,those calls are going to be made. Does that make you feel better? Too many calls for both sides were shelved until the trailing team needed a break to try and catch up late in the game....that is the bottom line, and it is bull $hit. The fact that the Pens only managed to score twice on against a defense that has both Gervais and Foster on it does not bode well for the Pens either.

@flyerrod

I took your comment to mean because it was the Pens rather than because it was late in the game so my apologies. Like I said it seemed anything away from the puck they let go. Anything at the puck got the whistle. You just can't figure out from one game to the next what they'll call!

@flyerrod

I took your comment to mean because it was the Pens rather than because it was late in the game so my apologies. Like I said it seemed anything away from the puck they let go. Anything at the puck got the whistle. You just can't figure out from one game to the next what they'll call!

No worries bud. I said Pens initially because that was who was playing and I have a pretty healthy disdain for several players on that team ;) . Bryzgalov actually gave them a chance to win that game for a change but Fluery topped him.

No worries bud. I said Pens initially because that was who was playing and I have a pretty healthy disdain for several players on that team ;) . Bryzgalov actually gave them a chance to win that game for a change but Fluery topped him.

I thought Bryz looked great from where I was!

And Ted, I really don't recall any play remotely close to what you are describing. Got a clip?

It was after the whistle by the side of the goal, so I don't know what kind of clips mighyt be available. I was watching online (one of the foreign satellite feeds) so didn't DVR it. They even replayed it to show that nothing that Sid was trying to sell had even almost sort of happened.

I refuse to give the NHL any money this year, so NHL replay is out.

@flyerrod

The fact that the Pens only managed to score twice on against a defense that has both Gervais and Foster on it does not bode well for the Pens either.

Wow is that a reach. I guess we suck unless we win every game 5-1? ;) Even after that game the Pens are still 1st in the league in GPG...by a lot. Up to 13th in GA and they have given up only 9 goals in their last 8 games.

Edited by B21

It was after the whistle by the side of the goal, so I don't know what kind of clips mighyt be available. I was watching online (one of the foreign satellite feeds) so didn't DVR it. They even replayed it to show that nothing that Sid was trying to sell had even almost sort of happened.

I refuse to give the NHL any money this year, so NHL replay is out.

Sorry - I don't recall seeing anything like that. Sure saw Coburn's boarding though. Wonder when Shanny hands down his suspension. ;)

@flyerrod

The fact that the Pens only managed to score twice on against a defense that has both Gervais and Foster on it does not bode well for the Pens either.

Wow is that a reach. I guess we suck unless we win every game 5-1? ;) Even after that game the Pens are still 1st in the league in GPG...by a lot. Up to 13th in GA and they have given up only 9 goals in their last 8 games.

No, you suck because you are Pittsburgh....the rest is just coincidental....If you think squeaking by a pourous flyer defense by one goal scored in OT makes you cup worthy, wow..someone truly needs a reality check.......

No, you suck because you are Pittsburgh....the rest is just coincidental....If you think squeaking by a pourous flyer defense by one goal scored in OT makes you cup worthy, wow..someone truly needs a reality check.......

Hmm. The 83-84 Oilers lost a game to the Kings that season, 7-2. The Kings finished with 59 points. They lost another game 8-3 to the Leafs. The Leafs finished with 61 points. I guess that 119 point Oiler team that won the Cup really wasn't Cup worthy either.

Thanks for the reality check.

Edited by B21

Sorry - I don't recall seeing anything like that. Sure saw Coburn's boarding though. Wonder when Shanny hands down his suspension. ;)

Not every boarding deserves a suspension (and yes I saw your wink)....Hmm lets see:

Pens vs Caps 3/19/13 3rd Period 07:49 PIT Matt Cooke : Boarding - 2 min 07:49 PIT

Matt Cooke : Unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min

Pens vs Maple Leafs 3/14/2013 19:37 PIT Brooks Orpik : Boarding - 2 min

Pens vs Panthers 2/26/13 12:54 PIT Tyler Kennedy : Boarding - 2 min

Pens vs Lightning 2/24/13 02:54 PIT Craig Adams : Boarding - 2 min

Still waiting for Shanny to address these infractions ;) Surely these were not love taps and consider Mr. Cooke got an extra unsportsmanlike conduct thrown on top of that (unless he was yapping at the refs).......

I think we can agree not every boarding call deserves a phone call from shanny... ;)

I was at the Caps game... The boarding call on Cooke was utter garbage and yes the extra two was for arguing his case. I don't recall the others off the top of my head. The Coburn one on Dupuis was pretty ugly though and I thought he deserved a game for it, maybe two. Face into the dasher and left laying on the ice for a few minutes usually gets a little notice. Especially when it's a full arm extension into the numbers from behind. Exactly what they're trying to get rid of.

Edited by Polaris922

The Coburn one on Dupuis was pretty ugly though and I thought he deserved a game for it, maybe two. Face into the dasher and left laying on the ice for a few minutes usually gets a little notice. Especially when it's a full arm extension into the numbers from behind. Exactly what they're trying to get rid of.

You're spending too much time talking with Flyers fans and now you're exaggerating like one! The face was in the glass and shoulder in the back with no arm extension. ;)

As I said earlier in the thread, the refereeing was horse sh!t. They missed this call. It probably should have been a 2, possibly a 5 & game if the referee deemed it as dangerous (or if there was a facial injury, can't see it in the video). I don't believe it was a suspension worthy hit though. Dupuis was only a foot or so away from the glass and kind of put himself in that position by admiring his pass. If he would have continued on his original path, there wouldn't have been a check at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZ7zvjWjeA

Glass not dasher... But he extends his left arm to add force to the hit from behind. As I said its been worth a game or two for most players. But since no penalty was called I'm guessing it wasn't reviewed?

Blame your GM

Polaris922

Not every boarding deserves a suspension (and yes I saw your wink)....Hmm lets see:

Pens vs Caps 3/19/13 3rd Period 07:49 PIT Matt Cooke : Boarding - 2 min 07:49 PIT

Matt Cooke : Unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min

Pens vs Maple Leafs 3/14/2013 19:37 PIT Brooks Orpik : Boarding - 2 min

Pens vs Panthers 2/26/13 12:54 PIT Tyler Kennedy : Boarding - 2 min

Pens vs Lightning 2/24/13 02:54 PIT Craig Adams : Boarding - 2 min

Still waiting for Shanny to address these infractions ;) Surely these were not love taps and consider Mr. Cooke got an extra unsportsmanlike conduct thrown on top of that (unless he was yapping at the refs).......

I think we can agree not every boarding call deserves a phone call from shanny... ;)

Good effort. I can do the same with the boarding calls made against the Flyers this year, too. Maybe your guys have gotten away with more than just this Corburn hit? I'm not losing sleep over the lack of a suspension for Coburn. Like you said...wink wink.

But since we are already talking about it...

Throw Cooke out. The Unsportsmanlike wasn't related to the boarding which was ticky tack.

As for the others, I don't recall anything suspension worthy in those games. Plus, we both know that if there is anything the least bit suspendable involving a Penguin there is a certain element of your fan base here that would be all over it like white on rice.

Back to Coburn v. Letang. There is really nothing different about those hits. My guy was suspended. Yours wasn't. More to my point, Coburn wasn't even penalized.

Only two conclusions. Either your guy got away with one or my guy got a suspension he didn't deserve. I've been told for years that neither ever happens.

The argument where neither side will yield, especially if one has facts and the other is opinionated.

Facts as in a couple of random boarding calls that no one can recall seeing? Or facts like the virtually identical clips of boarding call I posted? One was a Penguin who was penalized and suspended. One was a Flyer who was neither penalized nor suspended.

Facts as in a couple of random boarding calls that no one can recall seeing? Or facts like the virtually identical clips of boarding call I posted? One was a Penguin who was penalized and suspended. One was a Flyer who was neither penalized nor suspended.

Relax, I'm not starting anything. I more less agree with you, but I didn't want to say so.

• Like 2