Flyers Isles game

Phlyer1

Then you got Giroux getting his face smashed into the glass. I'm less upset that there was no call than I am the fact that the rest of the Flyers didn't even step up to defend their captain... this team is a MESS!!!!

I was coming to post the same thing!!! That is a fck disgrace to not support your captain. If I was Roo I'd be taking heads off in the locker room.

@pilldoc I was joking around about the hit in the game chat, but really, the more I think about it, the more I am disgusted. That is not Flyer hockey...not even close. Rux commented in game chat, if somebody hit Clarke like that, Schultz would still be beating him....that's the honest to God's truth right there!!! The lack of balls on this team....it is downright startling!!! This bunch of pu**ies should be ashamed to don the O&B.

• Like 2

I was coming to post the same thing!!! That is a fck disgrace to not support your captain. If I was Roo I'd be taking heads off in the locker room.

I've never seen anything like that. Penalty or no penalty... your teammates have to start shoving! They just skated away like a bunch of pusses.

Gosh, we are struggling against a team of waiver wire types and a few good draft picks + a reluctant ancient goaltender. Ironic that one of the fluke goals was off Gervais. Perhaps that was a signal...we should not have gotten him?

Peace,

Howie

Dark forces at work.

I'm telling ya it's Bryz, he showed his DARK side revealing he is a Sith...

...with that red sabre......

......it's a cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrssssssseeeeeeee!!!!!

SETH JONES SETH JONES SETH JONES

@pilldoc I was joking around about the hit in the game chat, but really, the more I think about it, the more I am disgusted. That is not Flyer hockey...not even close. Rux commented in game chat, if somebody hit Clarke like that, Schultz would still be beating him....that's the honest to God's truth right there!!! The lack of balls on this team....it is downright startling!!! This bunch of pu**ies should be ashamed to don the O&B.

totally agree Jammer. Even in the 80's with the likes of Acton / Brown / Tocchet....if that crap would have occured...there would be an all out war. Part of the blame falls squarely on the Bettman and the NHL for putting in the instigator rule and automatic suspension for starting a fight with under 5 min to go.

Players have to police themselves. This team sucks..who cares if you get suspended...if I am Zac I pound Tavres next shift. Go after our star..we go after yours....bunch of pansies IMO.

Then you got Giroux getting his face smashed into the glass. I'm less upset that there was no call than I am the fact that the rest of the Flyers didn't even step up to defend their captain... this team is a MESS!!!!

I only get a couple of the games out here, and this wasn't one of them. But it's a disgrace that the team didn't put up a fight if Giroux was blasted. The good news is that the Flyers went into a slump right before the deadline, so hopefully we can cast off some players who don't fit the long-term plans. They were able to do it the last time they missed the playoffs, although that was in the offseason, and it helped push them to the Cup Finals just a few short years later. A core of Giroux, Voracek, Laughton, Cousins, etc. should give them a bright future. But it's time to dump Briere and almost every member of the D.

Gosh, we are struggling against a team of waiver wire types and a few good draft picks + a reluctant ancient goaltender. Ironic that one of the fluke goals was off Gervais. Perhaps that was a signal...we should not have gotten him?

Peace,

Howie

I swear if you took half of Bryzgalov and half of Nabakov and put them together, you'd still only have half a goalie...

The Flyers didn't respond likely because they were trying to win, not lose due to penalties. In a different standings circumstance, it would have happened. Also, the team is really soft and Simmonds' face is out of commission. If Rinaldo did anything you know he'd be suspended for life.

Lets see if the Islander gets a review or suspension.