Rangers at Pens - Okay, back to square one

nossagog

Hopefully there are not many carryovers from the game last night against the Sabres. That was the worst played game by the Pens in quite come time. Niskanen looked aweful, and literally cost the team a goal with a blind back pass between the faceoffs dots OF HIS OWN ZONE! I have no idea what he was doing. Kennedy did the same thing in the second, it was contagious.

The stupid penalties were back for a game, but at least the Pens PK worked really well. Problem with that is that with all the penaltes, Malkin,Neal and Iginla did not get alot of playing time. I can see those three starting to feel more comfortable together, hope that they breakout tonight.

Wow, the Pens are a complete mess with Letang and Martin out of the lineup. The backend can't move the puck past their own faceoff dot. Get used to this, this is two games in a row that the opponent has simply pinned in the Pens with a hard forecheck.

I don't know if I would consider your team the favorites in the tournament any longer, depending on how long it takes Letang and Martin (5 more weeks right?) to get back in the line up and playing effectively things might be looking dire if not out right disappointing. The possibility of losing positioning in the standings may create the perfect storm of a tougher 1st round match-up a depleted roster and another earlier than anticipated playoff exit.

These severe injuries came at a crappy time for your team, there is still time for the new faces to gel, especially with the high character guys Shero brought in, but I was thinking this was the year for #4 for the Pens now that's looking less and less likely.

Wow, the Pens are a complete mess with Letang and Martin out of the lineup. The backend can't move the puck past their own faceoff dot. Get used to this, this is two games in a row that the opponent has simply pinned in the Pens with a hard forecheck.

Not even close to panic button time but it would have been be nice to see a little more effort. That loss was as much about our lack of effort as it was the Rangers' strong effort.

Let's face it. Barring an improbable collapse, the Pens will be the 1 or 2 seed. They have a 17 point lead in the division and an 18 point lead over the current 3 seed.

We're fine. Several new faces, Malkin not up to speed yet, Kennedy on the first line (really?!), Letang may be back this weekend they're saying, Crosby rested for playoffs... They're bound to slump a little after securing a playoff seed and a 15 game streak. The Rangers are fighting for their lives, the Pens have little to motivate right now other than getting in sync. I think we're in for a good deep run.

• Like 1

@B21

I was going to mention you guys have Crosby out too. But then we're missing Br....Brie....Br......Ahh, I can't even say it!

I think its more of a matter of Letang and Martin being out, who would be the puck moving defenseman on the top two parings. Right now, they're still trying to skate it out, and they don't have the back end talent for that.

<----- Flyer negativity that way... ;)

Just calling it like i see it,

Crosby, Letang and Martin make your team very good better than everyone else in the conference.

Iginla + Morrow +Murray and the other Joikenin minus Crosby Letang and Martin is a beatable team.

Crosby, Letang and Martin make your team very good better than everyone else in the conference.

Iginla + Morrow +Murray and the other Joikenin minus Crosby Letang and Martin is a beatable team.

(pounding chest) WORD!

Agree but I don't think this is a long term/playoffs issue. Letang is expected to return shorty. Crosby (contrary the that dope Eskin) is expected to be back for the playoffs. Martin should be back for the 2nd round assuming they get there.

In the meantime, there is more than enough there to get them to the 1 or 2 seed. Now it's about staying healthy, healing and developing chemistry with the new players.

@B21 @nossagog

I don't see the Pens free falling and missing the playoffs or even really falling out of the top 2 seeds. I do think what was potentially a juggernaut laying waste to the eastern conference teams with impunity will have to face and overcome some adversity. So stock up on the mylanta !

• Like 1

@B21 @nossagog

I don't see the Pens free falling and missing the playoffs or even really falling out of the top 2 seeds. I do think what was potentially a juggernaut laying waste to the eastern conference teams with impunity will have to face and overcome some adversity. So stock up on the mylanta !

That I agree with....and I prefer Pepto + Immodium.

I agree with them being among the favorites but not a juggernaut. Not at all expecting a 16-2 Kings-like performance. Maybe 16-3.

• Like 1

That I agree with....and I prefer Pepto + Immodium.

I agree with them being among the favorites but not a juggernaut. Not at all expecting a 16-2 Kings-like performance. Maybe 16-3.

It will all depend on if the Flyers make the playoffs or not. If Philly comes in at the 8th seed, I can see them knocking the Pens off in a 7 game series, then losing 4 straight to whoever they play in the 2nd round. Even if it's Colorado.