Drouin update

Guest TimKerrFan12

Jonathan Drouin - Halifax Mooseheads

I am still hoping we will finish low enough for a shot at this guy.

At the QMJHL Awards tonight he was named...

League MVP

Top Pro Prospect

Top Personality

1st Team All Star

Stats GP 49 G 41 A 64 Pts 105 Finished 2nd in scoring by 5 pts to a 20 year old guy who played 19 more games.

Side note...Nathan MacKinnon named to 2nd Team All-Star.

No i realize there are some really talented kids in this draft, however, i hate all other hockey teams and want my guys to win. that's not really true but, this whole losing business is pretty foreign to us as fans, so we need a little slack when it comes to cheering for losing.

also i would be totally down for losing out if we were playing teams from the western conference, all these teams in the east i ****ing hate with fire of a million burning suns so losing to the caps , canadiens , bruins Rags and Pens really causes me distress.

i don't want these guys to make the playoffs, they are flawed and will be exposed by any decent team with a good forecheck over a 7 game series.

we'll get them next year. ugh i hate saying that...

The problem with winning these games now is, it may give us a little satisfaction for the next while. I doubt we make the playoffs but we could even sneak in there. With Pronger done, Coburn and Meszaros out our D looks like an AHL defence. Timonen is going on 40 and is hardly capable of playing big minutes over 4 rounds, and that's if we even had goaltending that could get us there.

On the other hand losing gets us a quality player, maybe even a great defenceman, that can play for us for the next 10-15 years. All the other teams that are elite got there by drafting top players. It's time we did the same.

No way, not for no prospect, not no how can I root for the Flyers to lose. I haven't actually tried it, but I'm certain I couldn't do it.

Maybe the Flyers make the playoffs, bounce the Penguins and trade up to get one of these generational players. I can root for that.

All the other teams that are elite got there by drafting top players. It's time we did the same.

Those teams were losers for multiple seasons. I don't want that. The Flyers almost got the Cup after only one, and a coin flip decided that (Kane/JVR.) The Flyers are more than one piece away, and the playoff experience for the young Flyers currently on the roster is invaluable.