Neal Concussed; Letang Close

Guest B21

http://triblive.com/...l#axzz2PtxTaLiA

http://www.post-gaze...h-press-682600/

Bad news...Neal concussed. No word how "bad". No timetable for his returne but he was feeling better over the weekend per Bylsma.

Good news...Letang practiced with the team. Still day to day but sounds like he's close.

Crosby spoke to the media but still no timetable for his return.

No mention of Paul Martin but they have been pretty consistent with their "4-6 weeks" timetable for his return.

De ja vu all over again.

Edited by B21

@B21

Not sure you'll get much sympathy out of Philly fans on Neal being concussed.

It's still way too early but you have to wonder if Crosby is done for the season with his previous health issues.

Not worried at all about Crosby. Neal...a little. For now. I could care less about the rest of the regular season at this point. Just get healthy for the playoffs.

• Like 1

The Neal injury definitely $uck$! I just hope it's mild and he's back in time for the POs. I think Crosby will be fine. He's still showing no concussion symptoms whatsoever, and from everything I've read he's feeling better by the day. I'm anxious for him to get back in the lineup for obvious reasons, but none more than, to be frank... I'm excited to see his new teeth :D

Edited by DinahMoeHumm
  • Like 1

Neal is the least if my concerns in the team right now. Letang brings back the puck moving D man Depres hasn't become yet. The attack steps up. Malkin should be getting comfortable again and hopefully returns to form. Neal's two whole goals over the past ten games or whatever it was has me thinking he's the least important if the current parts as they're currently playing.

Now... Get Malkin back online, Crosby rested and back for playoffs, Letang moving the puck... We really do have a good shot this year. If Neal can return somewhere along the line that's more momentum and a rested wicked shot. Make it to round two and Martin returns... Could lead to some engraving if they want it bad enough.

Things slowly falling apart for the Pens. Even the best laid plans....

Easy, Chicken Little. ;) Neal is the only one with an uncertain timetable. As for the moves, those were made for the playoffs. The Pens had a 1 or 2 seed all but wrapped up when they made these deals.

@B21 Even with ALL the mounting injuries, they still have a top pp unit of Malkin, Kunitz, Iginla, Letang and Niskanen (assuming he would be the 5th). That's more talnet than most teams could thow out there. If Neal is back on time, it could be a blessing in disguise, Beau Bennett might get some more playing time, making him more likely to be ready for the playoff wars to come.

• Like 2

I'm not worried about Crosby at this point. The fact that he's doing interviews shows that he's not daffy from the hit. When he had the concussion, they would not let him talk to anyone until he was ready for practice.