Heated clash between Halak and Hitch

Guest hf101

It sure looks as if Halak will be a goalie on the move this offseason with one year left with a cap hit of 3.7M.

Jeremy Rutherford reports that Hitchcock and Halak had a heated disagreement outside the clubs locker room the morning of Game 4 in LA. The clash was triggered by Halak being late for the team meeting before their game-day practice and it escalated when Halak vented about his ice time this season since returning from a groin injury at the end of the regular season. Elliot started the final 14 games of the regular season and every game of the playoffs.

Halak expected to start the final game of the regular season as a tune-up for the playoffs, however Elliot got the nod in goal as the Blues tried to gain home-ice advantage. Halak's disappointment began to show in practice as Halak was giving less than full effort. The benched goalie didn't even stretch to warm-up in game 2 as Elliot lay face down on the ice.

So what do the Blues do? Is Halak still tradeable and what team would trade for him? It seems Halak needs to play for a team where he is the undisputed #1 goalie. Or will the Blues be forced to buy him out?

@hf101

Is it just me or does Halak's attitude seem eerily similar to a certain other head case goalie we are oh too familiar with........ :mellow:

I think Bryz has showed more effort to fight for the starting role. One has to wonder if Halak pulled the same displeasure in Montreal behind the scenes? To the best of my memory that trade shocked a lot of us.

I could see a team like Edmonton or Florida maybe making a move to trade for Halak.

I could see a team like Edmonton or Florida maybe making a move to trade for Halak.

I could see the Isles in that mix too. With a little better goal tending for the Isles, the Pens might be the ones making tee times. Hell of a series by the Isles.

I think Bryz has showed more effort to fight for the starting role. One has to wonder if Halak pulled the same displeasure in Montreal behind the scenes? To the best of my memory that trade shocked a lot of us.

Or Toronto be a cheaper less gamble than Luongo...one year tryout.

Maybe Halak gets dealt back to the Canadiens so they get a playoff goalie again.....

Good point.

Also, I think Halak brings a hell of a lot more to a hockey team than a user such as Hitchcock.

• Like 1

I could see the Isles in that mix too. With a little better goal tending for the Isles, the Pens might be the ones making tee times. Hell of a series by the Isles.

Definitely. After all, it has been a few weeks since Garth Snow traded for a goalie. It's time.