Dupuis

As per Rob Rossi

"Pens and Dupuis - seems that dialogue left both sides feeling comfortable with how process will move forward in coming days"

Over/Under

Annual Cap Hit: $4,000.000

Years: 3.5

I'll go over on both. 4 years. $16,000,000.

Personally, I'd be happily surprised if Dupers stayed in the 'burgh. He's up there in years, and this is probably his last chance for a large paycheck. The way that he has played the past three years, and what he brings to the team, many a GM would love to sign him up, and give him quite a raise. And I don't think anyone in the 'burgh would be unhappy with him.

For the throw in in the Hossa Trade(we should start to call it the Dupuis Trade now), he's been worth every penny he's been paid. I thought he should have been given more consideration for the Selke this season, THAT is how good defensively he is. If we had six of him for the bottom to lines, life would be good.

Over/Under

Annual Cap Hit: $4,000.000

Years: 3.5

I'll go over on both. 4 years. $16,000,000.

I don't think that the Pens could afford $4M/year. Not unless the scully Martin and/or Fleury. And I don't think Fleury is going anywhere.

@B21

I hope they don't go that high. I don't mind the duration but that's a bit pricey for our cap. Would be great to see him stay though.

@nossagog

I agree he should've been considered Selke material. How often does the guy lead the league in plus/minus, rate amongst top point getters despite zero power play time, do all the things he does blocking tons if shots...killing penalties...

• Like 1

I don't think that the Pens could afford $4M/year. Not unless the scully Martin and/or Fleury. And I don't think Fleury is going anywhere.

If Letang is dealt for a player with a lesser salary they could (for the record, I think Letang does get dealt). On the open market I think Dupuis could get more than $4 million per so to me, $4,000,000 per is a dicsount. If they get him at anything less, more props to Shero for the sales job.

@B21

I hope they don't go that high. I don't mind the duration but that's a bit pricey for our cap. Would be great to see him stay though.

@nossagog

I agree he should've been considered Selke material. How often does the guy lead the league in plus/minus, rate amongst top point getters despite zero power play time, do all the things he does blocking tons if shots...killing penalties...

But he plays with Crosby so no credit for him. ;)

• Like 2

@B21

come on now , we could put you on Crosby's wing and you'd pot 15 and help on 20... would Pascal be a top 3 anywhere else ? definitely top 9 maybe top 6 some places, to act as though he didn't benefit from playing with 87 is like saying the sunshine band would have been popular without KC.

@B21

come on now , we could put you on Crosby's wing and you'd pot 15 and help on 20... would Pascal be a top 3 anywhere else ? definitely top 9 maybe top 6 some places, to act as though he didn't benefit from playing with 87 is like saying the sunshine band would have been popular without KC.

That was a sarcastic post but....

I do think Dupuis is Selke "material". I don't think he should have won or even been nominated but hes top 5-10 in that category. Remember, he's not on the PP but is on the #1 PK unit.

Crosby had 157 minutes of PP time this year. Dupuis had 39. Crosby had 25 minutes of PK time. Dupuis had 92. Assuming they are together about 1/2 the possible time during those PK and PP minutes, that's about 220 TOI minutes of their totals that they were not on the ice at the same time which is about 1/4 of Dupuis' total TOI.

Playing with Crosby helps but not as much as one would think.

Well according to these figures Dupuis is worth more and has been highly underpaid.

dupuisevenstrengthcomparision_zpsabdd8afb.jpg

source

Every Pens fan knows that Dupers has been underpaid as per his worth. Not just the offensive numbers he has put up. He is one of the key figures in the Pens PK, and simply a great team guy. The hole he would leave would by tough for ANYONE to fill.

If he leaves, I hope he gets all the money he deserves, and will wish him the best. He has given the Pens 100% day in and day out his whole time here.

Heck, he came in 7th for the Selke this season. Quite the accomplishment for what should be a no name player.

Edited by nossagog

Well according to these figures Dupuis is worth more and has been highly underpaid.

dupuisevenstrengthcomparision_zpsabdd8afb.jpg

source

Yeah but none of those guys played with Crosby. ;)

He was slightly under paid when he signed that deal. Clearly he's outplayed it. The question is...how much (if any) less than market value is he willing to take to stay?

I know that his family loves it in the 'burgh. Don't know if that counts for anything these days.

When I talked to him, he seemed pretty confident he would still be here next season. Pretty much said he'd make sure it worked out. I dunno if that means he's open to whatever the Pens offer or what. I didn't pry into it to be honest.

Obviously Sid can make any one around him better offensively, but the fact is he is an amazing defensive forward who can score a fair amount of goals if put in the right spot. That translates to very respectable pay day. He's one of the multi fauceted guys you need to win a cup. The Pens know what they have....they will find a comromise, somehow, someway.

• Like 1