Save the season panic mode

King Knut

I'm still mad at homer for not making this happen 2 years ago. When I read the headline "Richards Traded to LA" I thought, Well at least homer finally got a real goalie prospect. Them i juat about crapped a gold brick in my pants when I learned NEITHER one of their two top prospect goalies were in the deal then and since then, well we've seen what they've done.

It's shameful how out of touch this team's management seems at this point, though the cap fluctuations are also completely absurd and that I think deserves another post

There is no guarantee that bernier will be a elite goalie. Also we had nothing Toronto wanted or that we refused to part with. They wanted a back up capable goalie. We didn't have that. They wanted a top six forward at a lower cap hit and a pick. We don't have that forward or goalie. Don't say read because he's a ufa next year with a large cap prolly.

People here want to hold him accountable for not playing so great in one of the worst run organization in the NHL

Hmmph....I thought Mason played well here in Philly. I mean, it was only 7 games, but still.

Hmmph....I thought Mason played well here in Philly. I mean, it was only 7 games, but still.

"one of the worst run organization in the NHL"

Pay attention that is what i said...not the worst...then Flyers come in.

Got it......don't take our one title away!!!!!

No forget that!

REPORTED!

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

I personally wish we had a Russian goalie. Just a different Russian goalie. You know the one I mean.

you can find my posts from the Bryz signing where I was gobsmacked that Ed Snider was tying his team's Cup fate to two Russian goalies.

Well, they've worked hard to fix that problem...

So I guess they've got that going for them.

:ph34r:

Reported.

A lot of the Flyer's problem i think lies in the fact the last time they had a Cup winning goalie they got him when no one wanted him after one time claiming him in the expansion draft then later to return only after not being offered a contract after a decent season with the Leafs...

...so to me that seems where it all starts...they say:

"hey we'll just wait till the dust settles, we'll sift through the garbage and find a scrub like the last guys to take us to the Cup (Boosch and MFL) and we'll then buy Bryz out."

Insane in the membrane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSANE IN THE BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!

"one of the worst run organization in the NHL"

Pay attention that is what i said...not the worst...then Flyers come in.

Whoops. Excellent point. I missed that and will learn to read more carefully.

Greetings:

I could live with Smith or Emery. Both would be relatively low-cost, low-risk takes. Emery was respected here. Smith is streaky but I suspect JR would work with him and he has some good experience.

This thread underscores a longstanding theme on the board--our organization's inability to bring up good goalies. Gosh darn it...wouldn't it be nice to say, "Mr So and So had a good year in Adirondack and is ready for a look-and-see." Other than Stolarz...who the heck is down there...and could we call them up, even for an injury fill in?

Peace,

Howie

• Like 1

Other than Stolarz...who the heck is down there...

....that my friend is your echo through the phantoms!!!!!

....that my friend is your echo through the phantoms!!!!!

Howdy:

You've given me a great end of the day laugh. But the truth is sad....

Best,

Howie

• Like 1

The attitude displayed by the original poster matches the attitude of the Flyers organization since 1995.

Let's panic, overreact and make a flurry of moves instead of coming up with a long range strategic plan.

I'm sure Gomer and Al Davis share your thoughts. so, don't worry, get ready for a few 35 yr olds joining the roster to save the day

Who are potential UFA goals this year?

With vernier out if the running (way to eff that one up homer) we desperately need a capable safety valve for Mason so we can unload bryz.

I don't give a crap about his game or his locker room off- kiltering at this point, we need his cap dollars desperately.

If we start this season with bryzzy in net, the race is lost before the gun goes off and it has nothing to do with what he does out on the ice.

Who's out there?

Tim Thomas? Luongo after he's bought out? Bakstrom?

Guess I'll go look. Screwing up this vernier deal really burns me up. He's really probably a top tier NHL goalie for the next ten years and now we're back where we've always been at the goalie scrap heap hoping to weld something together that vaguely looks like an NHL goalie

I don't want those guys because they're good. I want them because they just might be cheap. Good is something we're just gonna have to hope mason sorts out. We're not acquiring good.

I can see how you'd think that's what I meant if you only read part of my post.

My point was that the hope for a good goalie NOW is gone. All we can hope for is something decent experienced and cheap until we can develop or acquire something young to develop which is pathetic and should mean the firing of both lavs and homer for playing bob uselessly in the playoffs two years ago when it was obvious the goalie wasn't the problem and thus screwing us into trading his rights rather than pay him an NHL salary since the CBa them prevented him from playing in the minors.

To say that it's been the team's mentality since 1995 is curious since the team's been doing stupid **** like this with goalies since the expansion draft in '67 (Favell/Bernie ring any bells?). Really the only successful starters i can think of that were exceptions to this sort of acquisition were Pelle, Hexy and Boosh.

Quick or Bernier were real possibilities two years ago when we made the Richards deal and homer screwed the pooch.

Now we're stuck with Bryz unless homer can sign one of the guys I mentioned on the cheap. And once again. I'll point out that the main reason for buying out bryz and signing someone else is for cap space and a better D/ FWD, Not an improved goalie.

Does this make more sense to you now?

The attitude displayed by the original poster matches the attitude of the Flyers organization since 1995.

Let's panic, overreact and make a flurry of moves instead of coming up with a long range strategic plan.

I'm sure Gomer and Al Davis share your thoughts. so, don't worry, get ready for a few 35 yr olds joining the roster to save the day