Wow... what is Randy Miller's problem?

brelic

He's an immature writer for a two-bit newspaper that few people read?

That's normally a cheap shot, but in this case, absolutely right.

"The Flyers and the Philadelphia media deserve each other"

Indeed.

He just comes off as a jaded lover because Bryz hung up on him.

What an idiot.

I know we're ecstatic that Bryz has been bought out, but he's still a human being (mostly) and having your employer tell you they'd rather pay you to stay far far away from the team has to hurt.

I know we're ecstatic that Bryz has been bought out, but he's still a human being (mostly) and having your employer tell you they'd rather pay you to stay far far away from the team has to hurt.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bryzgalov feels he's being made into a scapegoat.

Because he is.

• Like 1

Bryz isn't a scapegoat, he was one of the major problems. Briere too, albeit to a lesser degree.

Why feel sorry for Bryz? He's getting paid handsomely, and and can seek employment without jeopardizing his "severance".

Bryz was easy prey for the cynical Philly press and fan base.

I usually understood what he was getting at, and usually it was coming from a point of ignorance and through a haze of poor translation.

The fact is the cap dropped dramatically. If it had gone up, we'd probably be stuck with him, but Homer simply can't address the team's needs at all whatsoever in any way with bryz on the books.

This is t being done for a goaltending upgrade and We're not paying to play against him so much as we're paying to get a forward or another d man instead of having him around.

He didn't like it here. He belongs back in Russia or maybe Calgary or Edmonton where no one will bother him.

He just comes off as a jaded lover because Bryz hung up on him.

What an idiot.

They were major problems only in that their contracts restricted filling out the team. Their play while far from stellar the last two years wasn't the reason this team didn't win a cup. It didn't save the team either and the problem is thy we're getting savior money for "meh" games.

I will regret not having Danny around BIG TIME if this team ever makes the playoffs again. I also have to assume he'll sign for cheap in Pittsburgh or NJ so he won't have to move and that'll suck for us too.

Bryz isn't a scapegoat, he was one of the major problems. Briere too, albeit to a lesser degree.

Why feel sorry for Bryz? He's getting paid handsomely, and and can seek employment without jeopardizing his "severance".

They were major problems only in that their contracts restricted filling out the team. Their play while far from stellar the last two years wasn't the reason this team didn't win a cup. It didn't save the team either and the problem is thy we're getting savior money for "meh" games.

I will regret not having Danny around BIG TIME if this team ever makes the playoffs again. I also have to assume he'll sign for cheap in Pittsburgh or NJ so he won't have to move and that'll suck for us too.

I don't think he's being made a scape goat. I think he costs too much money for the new cap relative to how well he played.

No one in management is dumb enough to blame Bryz or Briere for missing the playoffs. They're dumb from time to time, but they're not that delusional about the team they iced.

Homer almost seemed to know from the moment he lost out on Suter that last season would be lost. He took a desperate Stab at weber, but really I think he'd already given up by then.

Ha- maybe he has an offer sheet in mind for Bernier. Wouldn't that be funny! I'd forgive him immediately for everything if he tried something that audacious.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bryzgalov feels he's being made into a scapegoat.

Because he is.

Briere doesn't try in the regular season, and the Flyers need top 6 spots to develop Schenn and Couturier. I could go on about Briere, but it's nothing I haven't posted before. The cap hit was a problem, not the problem.

• Like 1

I don't think he's being made a scape goat. I think he costs too much money for the new cap relative to how well he played.

No one in management is dumb enough to blame Bryz or Briere for missing the playoffs. They're dumb from time to time, but they're not that delusional about the team they iced.

I'm referring to the fact that he hung up on the media.

If you don't think the media's been scapegoating Bryz, you haven't been paying attention.

And I know you've been paying attention.

@radoran To be honest, the way I viewed it was the press that made an already brutal situation almost impossible to deal with. Maybe just this once the tools in the Philly press did us a huge favour, huh? Problem is, these guys will pick somebody else, much like us fans, and they may or may not deserve it. This once, it turned out it helped the franchise. Out of the top 10 guys who cover the Flyers, I only pay attention to Metzler, he's the only one who knows his stuff cold, is bold enough to suggest realistic stuff and he's the only real one who concentrates on the future/prospects, mostly because he cares about where the franchise is going, and realizes the real fans want to be informed on that kinda stuff. The rest of the idiots play head games and work things to their own agenda....which is not what they are paid to do.

• Like 3

@radoran To be honest, the way I viewed it was the press that made an already brutal situation almost impossible to deal with. Maybe just this once the tools in the Philly press did us a huge favour, huh? Problem is, these guys will pick somebody else, much like us fans, and they may or may not deserve it. This once, it turned out it helped the franchise. Out of the top 10 guys who cover the Flyers, I only pay attention to Metzler, he's the only one who knows his stuff cold, is bold enough to suggest realistic stuff and he's the only real one who concentrates on the future/prospects, mostly because he cares about where the franchise is going, and realizes the real fans want to be informed on that kinda stuff. The rest of the idiots play head games and work things to their own agenda....which is not what they are paid to do.

I will forever maintain that 24/7 killed any chance of Ila Bryzgalov working in Philadelphia.

You may as well get used to hearing it.

:D