Kane Wins Conn Smythe

herptile

Kane was so quiet for over half of the finals, not until he was reunited with Toews did he take off. Extended slumps in some of the other series also. This was a bit iffy. When he was on, he was great, when he was slumping, he stunk out the joint.

@herptile I think Kieth was a much more consistant contributor, and mostly in areas that don't show up on the stat sheet. When Kane is not scoring, it usually means he is flat footed and his back checking also suffers. Kieth didn't have a bad game in the playoffs that I remember, where Kane sucked as often as he was dominant.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no problem with Kane winning it. I would not have thought of Keith, to be honest. Keith was good and a case can be made, but meh. There was some discussion on the radio today that it should have been Crawford. I disagree with that. If it wasn't Kane, I might have gone with Bickell...assuming a Hawk had to win it.

To be honest, if that series goes seven, I might have voted for Rask whether Boston won the series or not. I might even have voted for him with them losing in 6. I thought he was much more deserving, actually, than any individual Hawk. Not to take away anything from the Hawks but their success was much more of a group effort and not one player stood head and shoulders above the rest.

• Like 1

I don't know. Kane scored some clutch goals, Kieth didn't do as much as Kane to contribute to the Blackhawks winning, in my opinion.

If the Conn Smythe goes to the guy who scored some clutch goals, I agree, Kane deserves it. If it goes to the player who was the best on his team throughout the entire playoff, it easily should go to Keith. Easily.

I'm really beginning to think the people who hand out these awards only watch highlights.

Edited by flyercanuck

@flyercanuck Keith is kinda like the defensive version of Ron Francis. Does all the little things perfect, has immense talent and vision and just never get the respect he deserved...until he retired and got into the HOF. It might take Duncan a while, but his 2 cup rings should help out his cause.

• Like 1

@jammer2

Love Keiths game. I agree, he's not flashy, but he can skate you out of danger, or make the nice outlet pass. He doesn't usually put up huge numbers, but he can qb a pp. He's not huge, but he plays agressive enough that you know he's there. Really good all around player.

• 1 month later...

Kane was a good choice but a few Hawks would have been good choices as well. I'm fine with Kane if it was not to be Corey Crawford who, could be argued, was the MVP of the playoffs.

Welcome!! Good to see a Hawk fan in here. As a Wing fan I am looking forward to seeing you boys in the Stanley Cup Finals with Alfie netting the game winner in game seven!! A guy can dream cant he??
  • Like 1

I have nothing but respect for the Wings organization. I think that they are the NHL's template for how best to build an organization. I'm truly sorry that we won't be playing them much other than a possible Stanley Cup Finals showdown. That would be something to see. Also to their credit, the Wings are still the last team to win back to back Cups. I also miss Nicklas Lidstrom very much. I sit on the glass at the United Center's west end, so I had the best seats in the house to watch Nichim work his magic. I doubt that there will be another like him any time soon. Imagine, in 1989 he was a third round pick (53rd overall) and 16 defensemen were chosen ahead of him!!!