Good Luck Danny B now a Canadien

two-year, $8 million contract

he Montreal Canadiens have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent forward Daniel Briere on a two-year, $8 million contract.

The 35-year-old spent the past six seasons with the Philadelphia Flyers. During the lockout shortened 2012-13 campaign, Briere posted six goals and 16 points in 34 games.

Prior to his time in Philadelphia, Briere spent time with the Buffalo Sabres and Phoenix Coyotes. The 15-year veteran was originally drafted 24th overall by the Coyotes in the 1996 NHL Draft.

In 847 career games, Briere has 286 goals and 659 point

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426956

@FlyersFan4Life Looks like they learned nothing from the Gomez experience.....looks good on them. 4 milll is not crazy money to throw at Danny, but if he continues to regress, which I think he will, they could look foolish. In Montreal, you need to play STRONG defense to play on the 2nd line....so I expect him to be a 3rd liner eventually, unless he turns a new leaf, which he has done in the past. 2 years is not a huge risk, but it will get ugly before long....and they will rue the day they signed him.

• Like 1

Wonder if they'll still boo him every time he touches the puck

HA HA...nice call!! I suspect the boos will subside, then.....when they see he hates to play defense, the booing will start up again, in spades!

Wonder if they'll still boo him every time he touches the puck

chuckling....I said the same thing in the shoutbox earlier....They will realize, after a few games, like we did, that Danny Boy aka Tinker Bell now only really shows up during the playoffs. During the regular season his production has dropped dramatically. Thanks for the memories Danny, but time for this horse to move to another pasture. On the bright side for them...they will realize this and only have to put up for it for 2 years.

@pilldoc If he fills the net in the playoffs, it will be money well spent, in the long run. He's been able to turn it off and on like a tap come spring time, I suspect this is one of the reasons why the trigger was pulled. The Habs could not score against the Sens, the main reason they got spanked in the first round....this *could* address that shortcoming. His penchant for floating in the neutral and defensive zones will inevitably lead to a benching or two....and it will be covered on the front page of the Gazzette....ha ha.

• Like 1

They might sign Briere for the playoffs but they are still a team of midgets. Other teams can just knock them off the pucks easily, Boston will destroy them physically.

Briere was great here beside last season, he gave us great memories and leadership but his time here is done. Thank you and gl on your new endeavor Danny.

@hf101

Great Vid. To all...please don't be distracted by my last comment. I loved Danny Briere and he brought many fond memories, but last season, and it could be very well because the entire team sucked, it just seemed to me that you did not notice him as much on the ice as in previous seasons. At times he just seemed invisible on the ice, with that being said he did bring some very special moments to this team. I wish him nothing but the best..

Edit: What song did you use and who is the artist? I really like it.

Edited by pilldoc

The guy had some soft quick hands. Just like his play.. He gave us some great playoff games. probably took HALF the regular season games off over the time he was with the Flyers. Refused a trade that could have brought us something of value, giving the family excuse, then goes and plays in Germany.Then signs with the Habs. He was absolutely electric at times and left you just shaking your head at his lackadaisical play on the ice many others.

Never liked the contract.