D'Agostini

Guest hf101

Do you guys see D'Agostini playing on the second line or do you see Bennett there?

He has sort of been tossed around by several teams of late. I thought he played well for the Blues a few years back when he filled in the second line for McDonald. He has has struggled some with concussions himself, and really isn't much of a checking line player imo.

Do you guys see D'Agostini playing on the second line or do you see Bennett there?

He has sort of been tossed around by several teams of late. I thought he played well for the Blues a few years back when he filled in the second line for McDonald. He has has struggled some with concussions himself, and really isn't much of a checking line player imo.

AHL. I think he's the first call up in the event of an injury to a top 6 forward. Harry Z is the first call up if it's a 3rd/4th liner that needs replaced. I think thge lines end up like this....

Kunitz / Crosby / Dupuis

Jokinen / Malkin / Neal

Jeffrey / Sutter / Bennett

Glass / Vitale / Adams

Jokinen makes sense on the 2nd line. He can score and his faceoff % is 55% to Malkin's 47%.

AHL. I think he's the first call up in the event of an injury to a top 6 forward. Harry Z is the first call up if it's a 3rd/4th liner that needs replaced. I think thge lines end up like this....

Kunitz / Crosby / Dupuis

Jokinen / Malkin / Neal

Glass / Vitale / Adams

Jokinen makes sense on the 2nd line. He can score and his faceoff % is 55% to Malkin's 47%.

I'd switch Bennett and Jokinen myself... but then again, I'd trade Glass for .. well.. broken glass if need be. Can't stand him.

I dunno, I'd rather have Matt playing on my checking line than Glass. He's 26 and has a 20 goal regualr season on his resume. Glass will never produce that. Even though Matt would not fill the net on a checking line, he'd still give more bang for the buck than a guy like Glass. If he hustles and proves he can play on the bottom six, he should make the team IMHO.

I think that Bennet is going to start in the top six next season. He did not get a lot of playoff time due to the additions to the team at the trade deadline, but what was seen of him when he was playing in the regular season showed a very talented forward with the willingness to use his body. I'd love to see him on Geno's wing.

• Like 1

Kunitz / Crosby / Dupuis

Jokinen / Malkin / Neal

Glass / Vitale / Adams

I think Jussi is going to be cap fodder. The Pens are going to be over the cap and need to shed a few $$$.

I think Jussi is going to be cap fodder. The Pens are going to be over the cap and need to shed a few $$$.

What Polaris said. I think Niskanen goes before Jussi. More of a market for him. Jussi went unclaimed on waivers last season. I doubt anyone would trade for him now.

I'd love to see Depres full time, so something has to give. I think the Pens realize with a growing stable of up and coming prospects, they're going to have to move somebody to make room, if not more than one. I also think they need to keep forwards they have because they're looking for pieces to the puzzle in the bottom 6, and there's not much out there to choose from.

He had the one 20 plus goal season, but is really not a goal scorer. Not the most responsible defensive forward, if he was Hitch would have kept him in St. Louis.... Third liner guy is his best role, you want your fourth line to be a checking line and frankly I have watched a fair amount of Blues games and that is not his game and that is not his game.

He had the one 20 plus goal season, but is really not a goal scorer. Not the most responsible defensive forward, if he was Hitch would have kept him in St. Louis.... Third liner guy is his best role, you want your fourth line to be a checking line and frankly I have watched a fair amount of Blues games and that is not his game and that is not his game.

Good points. Don't forget though - we have Dan "Square Peg/Round Hole" Bylsma as a coach. My biggest criticism of him is the spots he puts players in. Iginla on the right wing. Beau Bennett on the 4th line. Don't get me started on his use of Eric Tangradi.

Like you said - D'Agostoni's "niche" is clear...which means Dandy Dan will try him as a 6th d-man with Engelland.