Interesting read on Read.

DAXflyer

I'd rather see Vora,wellwood,read on the same line. One line change and the game speed is faster than the kings or Blackhawks.

With all the youth on this team the first and second lines could spilt the minutes fairly even.

@radoran

Hopefully, if WE can all see this, so can Holmgren.

Ya.....I know.

So, you're saying he going to trade Read for Bozak to be the #1 C then extend him for nine years with a NMC as a move that is crucial to the success of the organization?

I'm tellin' ya this dead horse is going to move if I hit it hard enough!

:ph34r:

@flyercanuck At this point, I'd be thrilled just to see Welly skate normally, he's got a long hard arduous re-hab ahead of him, if he passes that test, then we should hope he plays well in the A and deserves a call up to 4th line minuets. That's the best case scenario from the biggest Welly fan on the planet. Baby steps for that boy.

• Like 1

@ There was a real chance that Welly could have died during that horrible incident. As you can see, it was horrific in every sense of the word. I hope he comes back with his full wheels intact, his skating is his meal ticket to an NHL job, vital for his survival as a pro hockey player. The frustrating thing is, I *know* the offense is there, he needs more confidence with the puck. The disturbing part of it is that he does not score, even at the AHL level. The Flyers must see something there, to carry his contract through the recovery stages. He's my favourite player ever from the OHL, I can't even describe some of the magical moments he gave me as a fan. Easily the hardest worker I've ever seen in my 35+ years as a devout OHL fan. I pray he gets to show what he can do, and it takes place in O+B.

One thing I hadn't considered previously is that if the Flyers want Read on the top two lines or decide that he's the future during the course of the season, they might find a taker for Hartnell if they pick up a portion of his salary and/or cap hit. Obviously this assumes that he will waive his NMC to go to wherever this team is, but the addition of that trade ability should make Hartnell easier to move if so desired.