Teemu is Back!

hf101

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@quack_attack

Welcome to the site!

The Ducks have a strong team this year.  I got to see them when they came to Philly, unfortunately though Teemu was injured in it.   The fans cheered for him as he left the ice.  

Classy guys get classy returns.

:)

@hf101 ... oh yes. If it was getzy or perry I know the philly faithful would have bee cheering. And tbh ive always been a fan of the flyers fan base. I lived in buffalo for a really long time so seeing ducks/buff games were slim...ive had beer thrown on me but twenty minutes later the crowd roared at the sabers for bombing a two goal lead. 03 I think... haha. But I admire the blue blood support the fans give in Philly. As rowdy as they are.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The fans chanted  "Teemu" and Duck players saluted the crowd with raised sticks.  The Kings shook Selanne’s hand and embraced him at the end of his last game, then lined up at their blue line and tapped their sticks in salute of him.   A classy moment for a classy individual.  The NHL will truely miss one of hockey's best ambassadors of the game.

BnztRa7IgAAeRwf.jpg

@hf101

Thanks HF...I don't care who you're a fan of...gotta love that send off.

I now wished I took time to fill this thread with great Selanne moments this season. The Ducks can fill his position with youthful skill, but you can't replace what he meant to the game.

• Like 1