What has to go right for your team to win the cup?

Guest yave1964

As a Wings fan:

Pavel and Z have to continue at the level they have been playing at.

Our defense is underrated but ridiculously thin. Adding a Ron Hainsey for depth would be huge. Lashoff never needs to leave Grand Rapids.

Weiss, even more than Alfie has to be the man. Filpulla played the Wing and was soft, if Weiss shows grit and can stay healthy it is a huge upgrade

Either Tatar or Nyquist must step up and seize their oppurtunity

Some contribution of a combination of Samuelsson and/or Bertuzzi

A healthy Helm is not a must but would be a massive help

Howard just has to be Howard

We have little cap room, I am still hoping for us to bring in a seventh d-man from the list of veterans available, Hainsey is my first choice, a shut down player who contributes no offense but plays nasty in his own zone, Adrian Aucoin or Tom Gilbert are still out there on the cheap too.

Overall, the Wings do not need all of the above to go right to be on the short list of contending teams, but if all of this works out, look out.

Wow, for our guys (Flyers ) lets see...

We need consistent play from our goaltending tandem.  

We need our defensmen to stay healthy, i think the addtion of Striet makes our PP more betterer and will take some heat off the keepers since he is a "puck mover" winning the race to the puck on the dump in and then wheeling and dealing out of the D zone just did not happen for this team last season, i think Striet and Gustafsson can really help there. 

There is a **** pile of talent in our top 9 forward group, if a commitment is made and people are held to account to backcheck we could be really good. There is enough skill to bury the chances when our guys get them.  I think B Schenn, and Sean Couterier need to continue to improve, there is no way Couterier will repeat last season's, lost in space oddessy that was his sophmore season.  I think 14 bounces back and begins to find his scoring touch, it's not like he doesn't have the tools or vision...  I think Schenn is ready to be a 25 /35 guy, i think he can be better than that but he's about to take the step toward being a godda*&ed handful. 

I think this is a good team  that can make some noise in the playoffs,  I don't think they will make the jump to cup champions this year but i do think they will learn what the next steps are.

i'm excited for this season.

For the Flyers to win we need....

1)Both our goalies to be legit.

2)Somehow stop the constant flow of injuries (fire McCrossin??) Kimo must be healthy most of the year

3)Grioux needs to step up and be the leader we know he can be in ALL 3 zones!

4)The youth at forward ie B.Schenn and Coots have to take it to the next level

5)The kids on defense will inevitably play a role, despite our vaunted "depth" there, this means Gus, Oliver, maybe Bourdon, need to continue their rise.

6)Voracek needs to maintain or hopefully surpass last years outstanding season

7)Hartnell needs to re-find his scoring touch or the first line will not last, thus mixing up all the other lines

8)The Streit experiment needs to be successful, we need clean break outs, but not at the price of sloppy defensive zone coverage

9)Ed needs to stay in the back ground...yeah, we know you butted in on Bryz....NO MORE OF THAT!!

10)Vinny needs to commit to a FULL season of no nonsense hockey, no nights/weeks off

I'm sure there is more, that's all I can think of for now...lol.

Oh, and Homer needs to stop mortgaging our future to save his butt in the present...for long term cup wins....

A lot.

• Stay relatively healthy
  • Subban must have a season like last year
  • Galchenyuk and Gallagher must continue their progress
  • Markov's knee must hold the strain of a full season
  • Price must be the goalie we know he can be and steal some games.
  • Josh Gorges has to regain the form from two years ago
  • Daniel Briere must bounce back from a disappointing season last year
  • Parros and Murray must support Prust, and Moen needs to join the club
  • Desharnais needs to live up to his contract extension
  • Lars Eller must show the same intensity that he had prior to his devastating injury.

There's probably more, but the Habs are a long shot for the Cup this year. They are however building on solid grounds under Marc Bergevin.

Edited by Habsterix

@Habsterix

I think the Hab's will slip back a bit this year fighting with the Lightning for fifth place in the division, but still I like the kids a lot. I was not impressed with the offseason. Parros? Briere? On purpose? And that game three loss to the Senators last season where they just whipped up on everyone wearing red on the ice, it will take a long time to recover from that one.

Price is the key. No brainer there, everyone knows that, but if he can stop the erosion they might fight for a four seed, frankly I don't believe he can. Subban proved me wrong tho and is an absolute monster so hey, maybe Price can. Price reminds me more and more of Ryan Miller. I don't mean that as a compliment.

Anyway, glad to be in a division with four of the original six. Lets drop the damn puck already!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...