THN Season prediction

EDI-Flyer

I think you're forgetting his 10 games with Anaheim where there was rumour he was going to be named captain, team MVP, and they were going to change the name from "Ducks" to "Razors". OK, I may have made that all up.

The one where he "led them into the playoffs" and then put up a 3.19/.897? And then he couldn't get re-signed with them and had to take a tryout with the Blackhawks?

Probably best to forget about that, yes. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough, but only because of the 7 game sample in Philly. And that sample here is much too small to be meaningful.

It would be great if that's a sign of what's to come, but I'm not convinced - on a rational level - that he's going to all of a sudden get it together. By the mid-point of the season, we should know which Steve Mason we have.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think Mason is the savior. I'm really hoping that he shows something closer to that rookie of the year performance, but I'm not counting on it. It just threw me off when you said Bryz still had better numbers than him. If you were trying to save Bryz's numbers weren't as bad as people said, I can agree. He was ok last year, he's was just overpaid as hell.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think Mason is the savior. I'm really hoping that he shows something closer to that rookie of the year performance, but I'm not counting on it. It just threw me off when you said Bryz still had better numbers than him. If you were trying to save Bryz's numbers weren't as bad as people said, I can agree. He was ok last year, he's was just overpaid as hell.

And now he's getting $1.4M a year for the next 14 years and doing... nothing.

@Orange...

there is nothing that leads me to believe that Mason will turn it around.   Did he play well in a short stint last season?  Absolutely...  but if history serves he is a below average goalie and w/ a below average career save percentage (<.907).   It would be a monumental feat for him to turn this around and truly regain his rookie season.  

Hope it happens but just do not see it...

Paying him to hit the road was the best move we've made in a while. He was a distraction, so-so on the ice, and simply making too much money.

How did he become a headcase here at wasn't for the coyotes?? They must have did a good job hiding his condition. :lol:

How did he become a headcase here at wasn't for the coyotes?? They must have did a good job hiding his condition. :lol:

He was a headcase for the COyotes. His teammates spoke out against him publicly, which says a lot. Usually players know to keep stuff in the dressing room.

Phoenix is not a hockey market. Philly is, so it's no surprise that he was exposed for the flake he is while he was here.