Vinny hurt...LBI

pilldoc

LOL @murraycraven

really? Snider's smiling mug? You really had to go there? LOL good one!

So the injuries... Of course, right? Just about everything is going wrong on the ice so now it's time for guys to get hurt. Always key players too. That's the script we're handed every year it seems.

What a drag.

and so it begins...

exactly how it feels... I'm not superstitious but I have to admit the Flyers make me wonder... 5 games in and we lose our best player, our prized FA who was the one guy making sense out there. That's some serious bad luck.

"at least a week" doesn't sound good but hopefully we'll know more later after they get their MRIs done.

exactly how it feels... I'm not superstitious but I have to admit the Flyers make me wonder... 5 games in and we lose our best player, our prized FA who was the one guy making sense out there. That's some serious bad luck.

"at least a week" doesn't sound good but hopefully we'll know more later after they get their MRIs done.

No one could ever have expected a 33-year-old with a history of lower body injuries that had just been bought out as the captain of a team he won a Cup for and was effectively the face of the franchise at least in part because of them would get a lower body injury early in the season.

In truth, the Lecavalier deal was probably the best one of the summer (best pile of **** in a field of manure). But it had the inherent risks associated with exactly the type of player described above, and they were obvious.

Say it with me now: "Four More Years"

And Mark Streit until he's 40.

history of LBI? I didn't know that. I watched him a lot in TB but can't say I followed his career. If anything I thought (assumed maybe) he'd had a pretty strong run over his 10 years; only 1 season I remember him missing significant time - think it was just after the lockout (the '04 lockout).

got me curious enough to look up his stats.

okay so - the last 2 years (not including the b.s. half-season last year) he played 65 and 64 games. The rest of his career he's played every game of the season or very near all of the games. Back in 2001 he only played 68 games - and the 2 seasons recently of 64 and 65.

If he's got a "history of lower body injuries" they haven't kept him out of the lineup much - even if you're talking strictly about the last 2 full seasons... missing 15 games is serious, no question, but if you're trying to imply he's fragile or injury-prone I think you've got a tough case to make.

[edit: tried pasting from wiki, didn't work]

Edited by canoli

okay so - the last 2 years (not including the b.s. half-season last year) he played 65 and 64 games. The rest of his career he's played every game of the season or very near all of the games. Back in 2001 he only played 68 games - and the 2 seasons recently of 64 and 65.

If he's got a "history of lower body injuries" they haven't kept him out of the lineup much - even if you're talking strictly about the last 2 full seasons... missing 15 games is serious, no question, but if you're trying to imply he's fragile or injury-prone I think you've got a tough case to make.

[edit: tried pasting from wiki, didn't work]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=15261

Yes, he played almost every game up until the last three seasons. After going out with a... lower body injury last April, it would be his third straight (on pace for) 65-game season. For a player at 33, that's nor a trend - that's a new normal.

And if he misses "more than a week" at this point, he's well on his way to another, yes, 65-game season.

Hoocouldanode?