The next 5 games

activestick

The next 5 games are Rangers, Isles, Ducks, Caps & Devils.  If they are to show improvement they should come out of that 3-2.  Anything less than that and the season is pretty much in the toilet and I consider beginning the fire sale and start all over.  And that of course would include the GM.

The next 5 games will be the measuring stick, in my opinion.

• Like 1

The next five games are critical? Yes, I would agree with that. If it goes bad then a fire sale? No, no way. Since most of our kindling wood is youngsters I say no way. hell no way. We would be dealing from a position of extreme weakness. Every team wants our YOUNG players, not Timo or Harts (Timo goes off the books anyway and that nets us 6 million plus the cap is going up big time, everyone seems to agree upon that. Stay the coarse and play the younger players and put a plan in place for next year to get Morin and Laughton in the lineup. Maybe even Raffl and McGinn also...

• Like 1

I posted this a few weeks back in the Next 10 games thread.... It was my prediction for each outcome.

I was thinking that we would go 5-7 over those 12 games.

Team - Prediction (Actual)

Phoenix - W (L)

@Detroit - L (L)

Vancouver - L (L)

Pittsburgh - L (L)

Rangers - W

@Islanders - L

Anaheim - L

Washington - L

@New Jersey - L

@Carolina - W

New Jersey - W

Edmonton - W

So over the next 5, I think we go 1-4, but then a 3 game winning streak after that :)

If the talent is what we believe it to be and that is really good young players, then i see no reason why they won't be able to go on a run and win 6 straight at some point during the season maybe not this immediate stretch of games but,  it's happened before and really why not ? who on that schedule is playing great hockey right now ?  i don't know about the Ducks... but the rest of those Metropolitan division teams are just as bad as us with just as many questions as we have...  they've just happen to have more wins , i'm not thinking any of Wash, NYI, Carolina, NJ and the Oil are going to "run us through" 

Update to the games...

Team - Prediction (Actual)

Phoenix - W (L)

@Detroit - L (L)

Vancouver - L (L)

Pittsburgh - L (L)

Rangers - W (W)

@Islanders - L (W)

Anaheim - L (L)

Washington - L

@New Jersey - L

@Carolina - W