Another year, and the injuries keep mounting

nossagog

Sigh, another game, another injury.   Sens game last night, Methot gets Crosby with a pretty hard hip check, sends him head over heals right into Pascal Dupuis.  Duper's knee bent in ways that are not normal.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's not done for the year with ligament damage.

@nossagog

We had one of those years a few seasons back. The Pens have done a heck of a job overcoming them so far. Sometimes when it rains...it friggin monsoons!

Problem it its been like this for about three years now.  Need to have a witch doctor come in and get rid of the evil spirits in the Pens locker room.

I don't know if it had been mentioned but man that skate blade slinging around from the Crosby tumble could have been nasty as hell had it hit Dupis in the head.

Yeah, he was fortunate in one manner with the  skate not hitting him. That could have been very dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Scuds is back, Letang is back, Glass is back and Malkin is back.    Malkin look especially good against the Jets on Sunday, rest seem to do him good.   Hopefully we'll see Martin getting the okay to skate soon, his tentative return is late this month.

Vokoun note, he apparently saw his doctors recently, and he is still on the blood thinners.   Looks like he's a goner for the year, can't see him coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

Martin, Kobasew,Neal and Megna took full practices yesterday.  Martin paired with Orpik, Kobasew on the fourth line, Neal on the second and Megna skated with Sid. 

Could it be the the Pens will have all six of their top defensemen in the lineup on Monday night???  If we could only get Beau back in the lineup, he should probably be a week or two away also.

Edited by nossagog

@Polaris922

Hopefully this may give them a few games in before the Olympic break to get a little game time.   Martin playing in the olympics will help his game sense.   I've not heard much about Bennet lately, but he "could" be back after the break.  Original estimates were 8-10 weeks, which would be the end of this month.

@nossagog   Yeah, broken bones are broken bones, no getting around them. My problem with our trainer is groin injuries, concussions etc....those are preventable to some extent...at least the groin part. Flyers always seem to be rushing guys back to soon, from groins and concussions, makes me wonder if McCrossin knows what he is doing. It's a contact sport, so your always going to get some of these injuries, but I'd love to see stats on which teams get the most of certain types of injuries, have never seen a stat for that, would be interesting to see.