Ed Snider - "We don't need a fresh perspective".

FD19372

We just need Flyer retreads to start a bigger line to the penalty box because the team hasn't been shorthanded enough. I wasn't against trading Talbot in the right deal, but it was for a puck moving d-man, not another goon. I really am considering making myself a "free agent" fan.  This team won't win a damned thing until Ed Snider kicks the bucket. I would like to see the team prove me wrong,  but I have better shot at climbing Mount Everest, winning the lottery twice and getting struck by lightning three times than they do of winning the Cup.  Maybe there is another shoe to drop, but if not, this was purely assinine. What an bass ackward organization. 

• Like 2

We just need Flyer retreads to start a bigger line to the penalty box because the team hasn't been shorthanded enough. I wasn't against trading Talbot in the right deal, but it was for a puck moving d-man, not another goon. I really am considering making myself a "free agent" fan.  This team won't win a damned thing until Ed Snider kicks the bucket. I would like to see the team prove me wrong,  but I have better shot at climbing Mount Everest, winning the lottery twice and getting struck by lightning three times than they do of winning the Cup.  Maybe there is another shoe to drop, but if not, this was purely assinine. What an bass ackward organization.

Snider: "we are putting the band back together, a lot of penalties did not hurt us in the 70s" "I look forward to Downie, Rosehill! Rinaldo all being suspended"!

Nothing to add.  Just thought what you said should be seen twice.  Completely agree.

I see Ed "we don't need a fresh perspective" Snider left the game last night after the second period. Apparently Snider doesn't need a fresh prespective but needed some fresh air.

Fan outdside the WFC, "Is the circus in town because all I smell is elephant ****?"

2nd Fan, "Nope just a Flyers game."

I should know this , but do not follow all the off ice news from Sweden....

....but now that Comcast owns the Flyers what exactly is Sniders role ?

Did he sell the team to them with the stipulation that he oversee the organization ?

Pretty much yes. He sold the team and got an employment contract as President of the team, or of Comcast-Spectacor which is the holding company that holds Comcast's investment in the team and the building.

Actually, Luukko is president of Comcast-Spectacor, a subsidiary of the big C and the company that owns the Flyers. Snider is tthe founder and chairman of Comcast-Spectacor. If anyone is wondering whether Comcast could ease Snider out as "owner" of the Flyers, I'd say there's a greater chance that he will be struck by lightning.

So Comcast owns a percentage of the Flyers and Snider holds another percentage ?

If anything Comcast should be pissed at the way Homer is spending their money...and ultimately Snider is responsible for this.

They have millions tied up in players that will never wear a Flyer uniform ever again.

That's not good business.. Is it?

Or

Does Comcast make so much money it doesn't matter?

You probably have to distinguish between Comcast, and Comcast Spectacor. Comcast-Spectacor owns the Flyers (and the Wells Fargo Center, among other things). Snider founded Spectacor as a sports entertainment company. He sold 60-something percent of the company to Comcast and it was renamed Comcast-Spectacor. I honestly doubt that Comcast cares a whole lot about what happens with the Flyers per se. As long as Spectacor is profitable there is no reason for them to care. And Spectacor is Snider's baby. If the company became unprofitable then Comcast could just sell it off. Comcast is so huge they don't really need the Flyers and I don't think that they gain much PR advantage from owning a hockey team, except maybe in Philly. But their customer service is so bad that everyone hates them anyway.