Do the Flyers Miss Briere?

King Knut

No one's talking about his absence.

Seems like maybe he was pretty important after all.

Last year they played better when they brought Gagne over. It happened very quickly.

I think that's a factor, but I think Briere Being gone

Is a major problem for them now too.

Oops. Too late now.

Fire Homer

Briere is doing terrible in montreal. He is injured right now (concussion IR), plays on the 4th line and has 1 g and 2 a in 8 games. I think we would have seen the same production from briere if he was on The Flyers. Homer made the right decision with Briere.

Don't be contrarian. Think about what I'm saying, not his score sheet in Mntrl. he's hurt and I'm talking about leadership not just goals, though I think we'd have more of them too.

Briere is crap in Montreal and was crap here. Flyers are missing a lot of things, but Breiere isn't one of them.

Seriously, I don't think we miss anything from Briere. You have go show up and play to provide leadership. He hasnt shown up in two years. I just completely disagree that we miss anything involving Briere.

I do appreciate that you're saying we're missing veteran leadership. I completely agree with that. I just wouldn't put Briere's face on that.

• Like 1

@King Knut

It's the regular season...you've got plenty of players on the Flyers who look overpaid, not caring, not coming back to help out, not scoring....looks to me like Dannys legacy is alive and thriving in Philly.

I love what Briere did in the playoffs, but I NEVER understood the reasoning of putting a C on a guy who played lazy uninspired one dimensional hockey more than he didn't.

From the "leadership" perspective, we more than replaced Briere's loss by adding Vinnie.  Production wise, we more than replaced him.

The problems we have are more than just the loss of one guy.  We have issues because guys came in unprepared for the year.  

• Like 1

I was thinking the same, him or jagr

Unfortunately Jagr is signed with Devils and is in the midst of helping that team get it together. Gagne isn't signed and probably would only cost the Flyers a mil to sign him for the year, cheap if he brings the Flyers some leadership and scoring. 

What can it hurt at this point?

We do NOT miss Briere.  We miss most the guys who produced last year....producing this year.  Voracek, Giroux, and Simmonds were are leading scorers last year....they have a combined 2 goals in 39 games between them.  That is HORRIBLE!  If they can get it together and get the atrocious PP actually scoring, I honestly like our team.