Fleury > Miller

B21

Hope the other Pens fans caught that sick blocker save on Getzlaf.  Clearl MAF is better than Miller.

MAF: 18 GP / 12-6 / 2.00 GAA / .921 SV%

Miller: 15 GP / 4-11 / 3.13 GAA / .919 SV%

I say so. CBS says so. Pierre McGuire says so. Kim Kardashian says so. Pope Francis says so.

:ph34r:

The Flower is a much maligned goalie who is still in his twenties, has already made two cup appearances and won a cup, has run into a series of unfortunate post seasons and because he plays in a market that is expected to win every little move is studied. If he goes on a personal ten game winning streak it is not enough because it is regular season and nothing he does in the regular season counts anymore.

But you know what? Fleury won a cup. Trust me, as a Wings fan I give him props because he beat us, and grudgingly I give him credit for it. Two cups, one victory. That is more than Lundquist, Miller, Luongo, Price and Anderson COMBINED. Rip on the guy all you want he has already done more before 30 than most goalies will accomplish for a career. I would take him in a heartbeat if the Pens wanna trade him straight up for Howard, any day of the week.

Hope the other Pens fans caught that sick blocker save on Getzlaf.  Clearl MAF is better than Miller.

MAF: 18 GP / 12-6 / 2.00 GAA / .921 SV%

Miller: 15 GP / 4-11 / 3.13 GAA / .919 SV%

I say so. CBS says so. Pierre McGuire says so. Kim Kardashian says so. Pope Francis says so.

:ph34r:

Serious question: Do you think the numbers would be the same if they simply swapped teams?

To me, the most important number when comparing goalies across different teams is the save %, and they're nearly identical.

@Polaris922

I'd say Fleury has actually become fairly consistent. Red hot regular seasons followed by stone cold playoff meltdowns. But I'm not sure how Miller would fare playing the Flyers and their 'mass murderers" on a regular basis. I think his head would explode. Fleury would do well in Buffalo though. He wouldn't have to worry about the postseason anymore.

@Polaris922

I'd say Fleury has actually become fairly consistent. Red hot regular seasons followed by stone cold playoff meltdowns. But I'm not sure how Miller would fare playing the Flyers and their 'mass murderers" on a regular basis. I think his head would explode. Fleury would do well in Buffalo though. He wouldn't have to worry about the postseason anymore.

All solid points! Lol

Serious question: Do you think the numbers would be the same if they simply swapped teams?

To me, the most important number when comparing goalies across different teams is the save %, and they're nearly identical.

Not really.  Fleury seems to play better when facing more shots.  It seems that most of his "bad" games are 4-5 goals on 20-25 shots while most of his "good" games are 1-2 goals on 30+ shots.  Explains the low GAA and low Save %.  Put him on the Sabres and I think the Save % improves but the GAA gets worse.