Flyers unsung hero at the half way point?

Samifan

Pretty safe to say Mason has been the team MVP for the first half of the season but who do you guys think is the flyers unsung player for the first half of the season?

Raffl has been a spark since being moved to the top line so he is a worthy choice. I actually like the way GrossmanN has played so far this season. The guy blocks a ton of shots, clears the crease and just seems to show up every night and do his job. He also knows his limitations and doesn't try to play outside of his game.

What sayeth the group?

Happy New Year!

Edited by Samifan

I would say Grossman as well.   He has played well all year and to think what this defense would be w/out him and Coburn makes my stomach turn.  My other unsung hero would be the Chief for righting a quickly sinking ship.  I think he has done an outstanding job since taking over...

Edited by murraycraven

Raffl has been a spark since being moved to the top line so he is a worthy choice.

Yes the rest of the wingers need to pay attention to his effort and game cause i have to say he has been the most impressive of the wingers the last 15 games...easily!

So if everyone brought his intensity they'll be ok cause they are getting the goaltending some they surely can't use that excuse anymore it will be on the rest of the team....to play like ONE!

Edited by OccamsRazor

I would say Grossman as well.   He has played well all year and to think what this defense would be w/out him and Coburn makes my stomach turn.  My other unsung hero would be the Chief for righting a quickly sinking ship.  I think he has done an outstanding job since taking over...

MC-remember Holmgren said Berube was one of the brightest minds in all of hockey. Guess he wasn't just blowing smoke up everyone's arse at that press conference :)

MC-remember Holmgren said Berube was one of the brightest minds in all of hockey. Guess he wasn't just blowing smoke up everyone's arse at that press conference :)

I remember for sure... I also remember all of the terrible contracts, letting Lavy come into camp as the Coach, firing him after 3 games, going balls out for Suter, Parise and Weber w/out any backup plan whatsoever.  Signing Bryz.... ah, you know the rest!

• Like 1

I actually like the way GrossmanN has played so far this season.

Me too i think i forgot to actually answer in my first post.

He is what he is a steady composed most times stay at home Dman.

And has a good contract one of the few.

He is the least of their blueline worries.

I'd have said Coots who I thought was the team's MVP (not names mason) during the streak of crap until Giroux woke up. But now that he scored a goal or two, people are seeing him more and he's a bit more "sung"

The kid's played great all year, an suddenly he puts in a few goals and people start to notice him.

Pretty safe to say Mason has been the team MVP for the first half of the season but who do you guys think is the flyers unsung player for the first half of the season?

Raffl has been a spark since being moved to the top line so he is a worthy choice. I actually like the way GrossmanN has played so far this season. The guy blocks a ton of shots, clears the crease and just seems to show up every night and do his job. He also knows his limitations and doesn't try to play outside of his game.

What sayeth the group?

Happy New Year!

If he'd have just kept jagr and carle instead of shooting for suter and parise we'd be in such better shape... Of course we'd have ha a crappier pick, but since we lost out on Nurse and company who give a crap?

I remember for sure... I also remember all of the terrible contracts, letting Lavy come into camp as the Coach, firing him after 3 games, going balls out for Suter, Parise and Weber w/out any backup plan whatsoever. Signing Bryz.... ah, you know the rest!

for me... Stone Cold Steve Mason has been the bright spot of the entire season. i'll give a close second to Raffl. game in and game out... mason has really been solid for us and it really feels good to have a goalie you can count on. 

sure, in the colorado game, he maybe let one in that he'd like back, but he was up against one of the top goalies in the league and was playing up to par with him most of the game. he's making the big stops that we need. this season would have been 'over' already if it weren't for him.