Ekblad scores 4

flyercanuck

Young Barrie Colts captain Aaron Ekblad scored 4 goals and added an assist last night propelling his Barrie Colts to an 8-5 victory over the Kingston Frontenacs. He now has 14 goals in 31 games as a 17 year old defenceman more known for defensively responsible play than his offence. In comparison, 4th overall pick Seth Jones, more known for his offence and playing on a Memorial Cup contender, scored 14 in 61 games as an 18 year old. 

I'm taking this guy first overall if I've got the pick.

@flyercanuck  Pouliot scared me, esp in his own end, but he was so guns a blaz'in that a turnover could have happened at any moment. He needs a lot of work, but a nice offensive prospect. Exblad always gave off an aura of poise and strength....never felt nervous with him on the ice. You can see how Rienhart is so highly thought of, but based on this tourny, Exblad for first and it should not be close.

• 3 months later...

Young Barrie Colts captain Aaron Ekblad scored 4 goals and added an assist last night propelling his Barrie Colts to an 8-5 victory over the Kingston Frontenacs.

Would love the Flyers to trade Coburn to get a chance at this kid....its a stretch but i'm tied of Cobrun...get what ya can for him.  Kid is big got a booming shot and NHL size to boot...would love this prospect. Not saying put him on the Flyers next year just want him on the farm.

Pouliot scared me

He has a 13 game scoring streak going on now in the playoffs looking good only bad news is he is a Pen prospect...man the Flyers passing on Bjorkstrand (for the goon Goulbourne) is going to come back and haunt the flyers i know it...he'll be on the Jackets squad real soon...

Would love the Flyers to trade Coburn to get a chance at this kid....its a stretch but i'm tied of Cobrun...get what ya can for him.  Kid is big got a booming shot and NHL size to boot...would love this prospect. Not saying put him on the Flyers next year just want him on the farm.

Can you imagine Ghost and Ekblad on the same blueline?

Can you imagine Ghost and Ekblad on the same blueline?

Actually i can. And i al most would hate to trade Coburn but this guy still for his age makes some of the dumbest mind boggling mistakes i've ever seen for a guy his age and playing with a savvy Vet than i've ever seen...he is big and skates well but it may just be time for a change for him. But i don't want to just trade him for anything but to draft Ekblad i'd do it in a heart beat.

Edited by OccamsRazor