The Enigma that is Simon Depres

B21

i reckon the Letang situation will accelerate Simon's "development"....

too bad about Kris, I don't like him as a player but you never wish that kind of serious health concern on anyone.

Silver lining could be if this is a career ending injury to Letang, that's a lot of capspace freed up by his inability to play.

anyhoo, Simon would probably be pressed into service sooner rather than later, how's Doumolin looking anyway, i would think he'd be getting close to being ready for a call up by now, 

i reckon the Letang situation will accelerate Simon's "development"....

too bad about Kris, I don't like him as a player but you never wish that kind of serious health concern on anyone.

Silver lining could be if this is a career ending injury to Letang, that's a lot of capspace freed up by his inability to play.

anyhoo, Simon would probably be pressed into service sooner rather than later, how's Doumolin looking anyway, i would think he'd be getting close to being ready for a call up by now, 

You read my mind.  Depres is certainly more NHL-ready than Dumoulin.  Dumoulin had a cup of coffee with the Pens earlier this year and held his own.  I wouldn't throw him into the fire during a late regularson/post-season run though.  Depres I would.  He handled himself well in a similar situation in 2011-12. 

@mojo1917

@B21

The issue here is Depres' defensive play. Hence Bortuzzo being called up and seeing ice time instead. Bortuzzo doesn't have the offensive touch Depres does, but he hits a lot and has been solid since his return to the lineup in Letang's place.

Dumoulin is hurt, too.  He's in a walking boot...week to week.

@Polaris922   Wow, the kid hardly ever scores in the O, and wham....the offensive game comes to him in the A...I'm surprised, but like the article says....most are secondary assists, but nice to see him doing well. I have a ton of respect for that kid....and what a silky smooth stride he has. He's gonna be a great NHL player, mark my words.  One of the most poised junior d-men I ever witnessed. Nothing, and I do mean nothing shakes him off his game. A solid rock of a player with a great head on his shoulders.

btw, trade offer is in.....

@jammer2

Yeah he's surprising a lot of people it sounds down there.  Good to see.  And I appreciate your review of his time in juniors.  We don't really hear much of those leagues here so your perspective is appreciated.  Gives a view on the prospects we really don't get anywhere.  

@Polaris922

One of the reasons London isn't a dominant as they were expected to be is their loss of both Harrington AND Maata. They knew Harrington was gone, but losing both of them (along with Zadorov for a portion of the season) hurt them. Good!

Maata surprised us all.  I legitimately think he deserves consideration for the Calder.  

Edited by Polaris922